Upload to iDisk won't "Close"

jimmynitcher

Registered
Trying to get my first piece of music into the folder - it seems to upload the file until it gets to "Closing", where it hangs forever until I have to Force Quit, (which is another problem).

any ideas?

J

.mac.com seems to be having some problems today. Wait awhile and try later.

Also keep in mind that the actual transfer of the file does not take place until the "Closing" part of the copy procedure. You drag a file to the iDisk, and the progress bar will quickly grow until it hits "Closing..." at which point the file is actually transferred to the iDisk.

It makes it confusing, as it appears that the copy has hung indefinitely, but it probably hasn't.

I have tried at various times and waited for over half an hour for an 8 meg mp3, I think somethings up.
I can upload a picture no problem.
How should I abort the closing process when the 'stop' button doesn't work?
any more ideas much app
J

yes i have exactly the same problem. the file transfers fast and well until the very last kilobytes... where it gets stuck forever! and same issue with the STOP button useless.
any other feedback on this issue?
thanks

Repair Permissions
Repair Disk
use a utility to clear all Cache files

I don't have any problem uploading to my iDisk.

If you have an external modem, check to see if the activity lights are still blinking.

When uploading to your iDisk, the progress bar will progress very rapidly, but no data is actually being transferred yet. The progress bar will then pause near the end, reporting that it is "Closing" the file -- this is the point where the entire transfer takes place.

Back