URGENT! Mac NOT Starting up! URGENT!

For under $60 dollars is not possible for anything external with a hard drive. You however can buy a cheap hard drive from your local box store and then buy an external enclosure (note: this is just under $60).

dave-dave said:
So now what do I need? I don't have an external hard drive for back up in the "t" firewire mode... Where would I get one for UNDER $60.00 that's mac and PC compatible that can backup in that mode. AND that works with MAC 10.2.8

I also am wondering if there's another way to backup - whether it's a USB backup or if backing up with FIREWIRE is the ONLY WAY and if I can't do it with a USB external hard drive (which I would need to purchase) or with CDs, or something. This also must be able to backup WHILE the problem I am having is STILL persisting.

Thanks
Dave

Lets all get on the same page here....
In order to back your computer using "Target mode" you'll need more then another hard drive, in fact you need another Mac computer with a Firewire port.

jb

poop. I'm preparing to take this imac into a computer fixing place. I'm in the IL. area - any suggestions? any final comments or other answers, solutions, or additions?
I'm thinking CDW - $45.00 to find out the problem, +$ to fix it - any better prices I might be able to get at another Mac fixin' place? Is this a professional help needed repair? Or could our local $40.00 per hour "problem finding and trouble shooting by forums and online help" needed guy - could he do it? He's not really a pro guy - more of a "been with macs since the start guy" type of person. I don't see him replacing internal parts really - unless there's another part to him I don't know about. He's not pro trained or certified. Any final words?
Thanks,
Dave

*pondering* To add to my last question - what is a good price for a mac repair and what is a bad price? (To ADD to my last post)

Back