USB-C (now that's part of iOS)

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
When will we get a simple classification of USB-C cables and will we be able to know which cable can charge, how fast, which one can transfer data, how fast...

Simple just look at high speed USBC cable and only buy them from well know dealers!
It's a bit more complicated. How fast are these really ? how much power can transfer ? and after a few months of usage, which one can do what ? should I measure and sign each one with a specific code ?

Where is it labeled on the cables? I have several USB cords and have no clue as to if it is USBC or not.

USB-C is the mechanical format of the connector, so this is ok. But what version of the USB data or power protocol, this is never mentioned.

It's a bit more complicated. How fast are these really ? how much power can transfer ? and after a few months of usage, which one can do what ? should I measure and sign each one with a specific code ?
I usually get my cables from either the Apple Store or Amazon!

Adam Savage has a cool breakdown comparing cables. But Chevy's point is well taken - there should be a clear label to each type of cable.

Back