USB devices going crazy after Security Update

ShotgunSaint

Registered
I have a USB hard drive and USB midi controller running in to my intel mini. Since I received the most recent security update, both my midi controller and my drive randomly stop working. My usb keyboard and mouse are unaffected. When the USB drive goes out, if i'm playing music off of it in Itunes, it freezes and won't come back until i shut down the drive. When the midi controller goes out, I can keep working in Logic or GarageBand, but I have to disconnect and reconnect the device to get it to work again. This happens about every 2 minutes in Logic and makes it VERY difficult to accomplish anything.
I also just got the 10.4.6 update today and that didn't help. Is anyone else experiencing this??
Thanks!

Thanks, I'll try that... can it really be effed up like 2 weeks after I bought it?

Ok, I tried that, the keyboard seems to be working alright but now the OS won't recognize my USB hard drive... man, this kinda sucks.

Strange... try turning the USB drive on with it disconnected from the USB port on the computer, then when it's on and spun up, plug it into the USB port. If that doesn't work, unplug it while it's still on, and re-plug.

See if that helps and report back!

I'm still having problems keeping my devices connected... my usb drive mounts alright, but "falls off", where it's still mounted on the desktop and in finder, but won't respond and won't eject. however, the midi controller is still dropping out. i've tried switching the USB ports, and it just doesn't seem to want to work for very long. I know it isn't the device because it works on my windows machine downstairs.
I visited the mfg. website for drivers but it's supposedly class compliant for 10.4.5. I just don't know how a security update could muggle up my hardware, or what I can do to fix it.

Back