USB Dock for Powerbook

I checked BookEndz (http://www.photo-control.com/bookendz/), who make lots of Mac docks, but they don't seem to do one for the 15" AluBook. Might be work emailing them to ask though, i remember it took a fair while for them to get a 12" dock together after they came out.

Good Luck

The dock that you posted, would not be relevant for your powerbook. The connection speed for USB 1.1 would leave you with a 'crippled' connection, even if it would s=work on a Mac.
What do you hope to connect to a dock? If only some USB devices, then any USB hub should suit your needs, and certainly much cheaper than a fully dedicated dock.

The bookendz docks are very very nice. I use one at work with a PowerBook G3. I'm hoping they make a bookendz model for the Mac Mini.

DeltaMac said:
The dock that you posted, would not be relevant for your powerbook. The connection speed for USB 1.1 would leave you with a 'crippled' connection, even if it would s=work on a Mac.
What do you hope to connect to a dock? If only some USB devices, then any USB hub should suit your needs, and certainly much cheaper than a fully dedicated dock.

OK - USB 1.1 issue aside, I know there are others available that are usb 2.0. What I'm trying to find out is what would be supported. I gather from some bits I have read in various places that the ethernet port would not be supported but the PS/2 ports may be?

I currently have a PS/2 KVM switch that I use to switch between my current laptop and desktop. I was hoping to be able to connect into that. I am trying to determine if I need to buy a USB KVM switch and a USB keyboard instead.

Back