USB flash reappearing

zoranb

Registered
I have a USB flash disk and i want to know how can i make it reappear on my desktop after i unmount it by dragging it to the trash. I know i can do it by unplugging it and plugging it back in, but the point is if there is another way through the OS to make it appear again without taking it out and back in.

zoranb said:
I have a USB flash disk and i want to know how can i make it reappear on my desktop after i unmount it by dragging it to the trash. I know i can do it by unplugging it and plugging it back in, but the point is if there is another way through the OS to make it appear again without taking it out and back in.

I use a free utility available here...
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15152

works well for me.
JB.

bobw said:
Disk Utility should mount it.
I was going to suggest this too, but it only seems to work with my FireWire drive, not with my USB Cruzer mini. I just tested it, and, after an eject (but without removing the drive itself), it does not show up in Disk Utility.

I am having problems with my Compact flash also. I'm new to the forums and have not been able to find what I'm looking for. After taking pictures with my digital camera, I insert my card into the reader and the result is a locked folder. When it is locked I cannot open the folder to see any of the pictures. I know the pictures are there because when I put the card back in the camera I can view the pictures. I have tried to unlock the folder in the "get info" window. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Jeff

How is the drive formated? OS X will only read NTFS(XP format) formated drives, not write to them.

I'mnot sure how it is formatted. How do I check to find out how it is formatted? I have always been able to read and write to the compact flash card. This problem just started and now it seems to happen every other time I insert it into the card reader. I can't figure out why the folders in the card are locked in the first place. I have the ability to lock files on my camera but I never use that feature. So I don't understand why they appeared locked when I plug the card into the reader.

Thanks!
Jeff

zoranb,
What kind of compact flash do you have and what kind of camera do you have? I have a Canon 10D and 256Mb Lexar cards. This problem just started a week ago. I'm running OSX 10.2.8. I can't figure out if it is the camera that's locking the folder or OSX. What other forum have you searched to fix this problem?
Jeff

I have a Jetflash 512, USB2 flash disk. I still havent found a way to make it mount once its unmounted. Only way is to take it out and put it back in again!

Back