USB headset microphone not working

pjh

Registered
I purchased a Plantronic Audio 610 USB headset, hoping to use it with Skype. When plugged in with the supplied USB adapter, I can hear through the earpiece, but am unable to get my voice heard through the microphone.

I have made sure the headset was selected in Sound preferences, as well as in the audio MIDI setup. I’ve tried plugging the USB adapter into different USB ports and even on a different computer.

I’ve had Plantronics replace the USB adapter once —still no change. A second headset (a replacement from Tech for Less) also didn’t solve the problem. Plantronics tech support said they would send out another USB adapter, or to replace the headset for a third time.

Any suggestions on how to get the microphone to work?

Thanks.

I find on OS X you have to plug the usb headset in before launching skype, or it doesn't pick it up correctly.

Problem solved when Plantronics shipped a new headset (the third one I tried). Tried the others with the new USB adapter that came with it and they still didn’t work, so can only assume the problem was with the headset microphone all the time.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Back