USB Wireless?

Sunnz

Who wants a stylus?
Hello I just brought an iMac... but I am wondering if it will work if I use those USB Wireless Adaptor Sticks... my goal is to connect my mac to a 802.11g Wireless Access Point that uses WEP/WPA Encrytion.

'... I am wondering if it will work if I use those SB Wireless Adaptor Sticks', yes - as long as the Adaptor's manufacturer, or a third party, provides a System / MacOS X compatible driver.

However, if the iMac just purchased is relatively new (since February 2003), you can purchase (and install internally) an 'Airport Extreme' card.

You should totally get an AirPort card, they're designed to work with your Mac and with OS X. I've had nothing but problems using third-party USB 802.11b/g adaptors.

Yes it is better to get the Apple card - my ASUS works well but doesn't interface the the system very well.

I agree with what's been said. I've used USB wireless adapters on an iMac, but airport card installation isn't too troublesome and once you get it installed it is much easier to configure on the computer.

Back