Using a controller for NES program!! Won't recognize it!

Keldud7

Registered
I don't know if anyone can help but here's hopin!
I downloaded the NES program...which lets u play nintendo games on your mac. Very kewl. I bought a controller (USB). And I can't figure out how to get it to work. It doesn't recognize it. I downloaded the emulator enhancer and placed it in the application support folder in the library like it tells me to. Still nothin. In preferences, under joysticks, there's nothing related to a controller, just keyboard configuration and a blurb about the enhancer download. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you can't get Emulator Enhancer to work, you can probably use USB Overdrive to map your controller's buttons to the key strokes. That's what I do for many emulators.

In order to use a joe-average USB gamepad, the application itself (in your case, your Nintendo emulator) has to have what is called "HID" support... I have no idea what it stands for....

And, although I know of Super Nintendo emulators that support gamepads natively, I don't know any regular NES emulators that support gamepads.... sad.

http://emulation.victoly.com/nintendo/

Oh well. looks like your best bet is using USB overdrive to program the controller.

HID: "Human Interface Devices" -- covers everything from joysticks to mice to keyboards to graphics tablets to... just about any device meant to be used by humans for interfacing with a computer... ;)

Back