Using older MacOS from external hard drive with newer laptop

NickBurns

Mac Abuser
Hello!

Im wondering if I can launch Mac OSX 10.7.5 from my bootable external drive from a newer Mac laptop? I tried researching but I keep getting mixed answers. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Have you used the external to boot another Mac? Do you still have that Mac (and will continue to boot from the external on that older Mac?)
If no other Mac, then you could try upgrading the system on the external to one supported by the New Mac laptop.

The only way I can think of is virtualize and install that on the new Mac! Just a thought!

Have you used the external to boot another Mac? Do you still have that Mac (and will continue to boot from the external on that older Mac?)
If no other Mac, then you could try upgrading the system on the external to one supported by the New Mac laptop.
Yes I use it all the time. I currently use it on a Mac Pro Tower from 2012 w/ 10.13.6. I can only upgrade to 10.14 with this hardware. Im thinking of getting a newer laptop but still want to be able to launch this older OS to use my Music production and Video editing software.

I will check that Mac app tracker that JaapvanderVeen suggested. Thank you!

Back