UT2004 demo to be released today

It was because I needed to allocate more memory to Civilization II and didn't use Norton Utilities for about a half a year. My whole iMac was slowing to a crawl.

Cat said:
Got mine from Macupdate, works fine.

Fine? As in fine, it runs and the file isn't damaged. Or fine its runs great with lovely smooth gameplay?

Please be the latter.....

Its been 3 hours. Zammy-Sam hasn't replied.... its either
a) The game runs so well he/she is hooked and can't make the time to post.
b) Gameplay was so bad that Zammy-Sam smashed his/her Tibook and ibook, and isn't able to post a reply.

Please be scenario a... ;)

I could not find one damn working link! I hope I get it tomorrow. Any links to working mirrors appreciated. :)

Hope it works on my G4...

Damrod said:
I could not find one damn working link! I hope I get it tomorrow. Any links to working mirrors appreciated. :)

Hope it works on my G4...

I am downloading really fast now with BitTorrent, here's how:

Download this small file first and the open it with BitTorrent
http://www.filerush.com/torrents/ut2004-mac-demo-3120.dmg.bz2.torrent

If you already have the file, please join the swarm anyway, the more seeders we have, the better this will work. To join as a seed, just download the .torrent file and open it in your client of choice as normal, but point the location to save the demo, to the location of your already downloaded demo.

Will people please leave their torrent windows open once they've downloaded the demo, if at least for 5 minutes afterwards.

Suggested clients:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bittorrent/BitTorrent_OSX_3.3a.dmg?download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/azureus/Azureus_2.0.7.0_OSX.zip?download

Runs awesome on my machine all video options set on highest available, running @ 1600 x 1200. I have an MDD dual 1 GHz, 2 gig memory, and an nvidia geforce 4 ti card.

Can't wait for the full version.....one more thing to spend my money on....

I can't second naodx impression. On my tibook no way to make it run smooth for even a min. EVERYTHING low and res at 640x480 and still laggy.. Am very disappointed. Made a short diashow to see the graphical highlights and I was impressed. But I can watch my iphoto pics much faster and they also have an impressive graphical detail... :(

Sam, maybe you need more RAM. Naodx has 2 GB and you only have 768... if you can cram it, maybe you should look for a 1 GB DIMM.

Arden said:
Sam, maybe you need more RAM. Naodx has 2 GB and you only have 768... if you can cram it, maybe you should look for a 1 GB DIMM.
My tibook is just accepting 512mb modules so that 1GB would be max for me. (not a huge difference to 768mb) Anyway, am just waiting for the G5 powerbook to come... ;)
And to be honest: am not really into gamings. For those short moments, the quake3 engine works amazing for me. Wondering why ut2004 needs so much performance or ram...

Zammy-Sam said:
My tibook is just accepting 512mb modules so that 1GB would be max for me. (not a huge difference to 768mb) Anyway, am just waiting for the G5 powerbook to come... ;)
And to be honest: am not really into gamings. For those short moments, the quake3 engine works amazing for me. Wondering why ut2004 needs so much performance or ram...

The graphics are much better. You get much better/smoother skeletal animations. The physics are awesome. Not sure how much they changed in UT2004, but in UT2003, they had to tone down the physics as it was taking too much CPU power. Just look at the way your player dies, and you'll see what I mean. Watch the limbs flail realistically, and the body crunch and crumple when you fall off a cliff or land after being blasted by a rocket.

Lovely...

Back