Very nice...

MrTAToad

Registered
As you may or may not now, I brought my three iMacs towards the end of last year, so the 3 month free telephone support on my first machine is nearly up.

So I received a nice telephone call from Apple asking how things were going, and if I had any problems.

Didn't try and sell anything either - I initiated a conversation about Applecare, from which I got the information I wanted.

You don't see service like that from PC vendors...

Indeed - the only other companies that came close to that was Commodore and Acorn Computers...

Never had anything like that from companies from who I brought PC's...

Then maybe you should consider (with the all in one iMacs) getting AppleCare on those machines. You never know what's going to happen 2 years down the road.

I'll probably get it towards the end of the 1 year insurance...

I had a thought after they phoned - as all the machines were brought at different times, I may be getting another two calls from them :)

IMHO, Applecare makes sense for laptops, not desktops. I bought Applecare for both of my desktops -- and used it. Both times it was a wonky DVD or CD burner. Didn't return my $150 Applecare fee (or whatever it was). Put aside $10 a month and make your own insurance.

YMMV.

Doug

has anyone else here gotten a courtesy call from apple like MrTAToad? I've only ever heard Apple doing this with businesses and tech journalists.

yeah i got one with my powermac, about a month before the end of the warrantee, to ask if everything was ok. i reckon they wanted to sell me applecare, so asked them to send me a information pack, which they did do.

FYI - the amount of extended AppleCare is the same no matter when you apply it. It's always 1 year for buying, and two years are added onto that w/ Applecare.

Was it? It's up now... nothing new on the start page.

Oh, congrats on 3,000 posts Major!

ha ha completely didn't see that. wow i should probably remove this site as a bookmark... and then get out more ha ha

Back