VIA 6212 usb2.0 card with mac g4

jre

Registered
I am trying to get a card based on the via 6212 chipset to work with mac os 10.3.9.

If I install the card on its own the system profiler shows a new high speed usb bus with the apple driver being used. However nothing which is plugged in works.

If I install the via driver the system profiler now shows two UHCI Root Hub Simualation devices and the USB high speed bus all of which are down as using the via drivers. Again plugging in usb devices to the port does not work.

I have tested the card in a pc and it works perfectly so the fault is not with the card itself but something to do with the mac drivers.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

John.

Unless there are drivers for the Mac, it probably won't work. I've used a Belkin USB 1.x PCI card on a Mac and it's worked fine. But as for USB 2.0 cards, I'm not sure....again, you might have to check that they have complete support for OS X.

VIA supply osx drivers but with or without them installed the card will not recognise anthing that is plugged in.

i just bought a gernic usb 2 card for my g4, and it worked as soon as i turned on the mac, no drivers needed. and that was in 10.3. and still no problems with 10.4 either.

Back