Video seem laggy

MacFreak

Chic Not Geek
After I installed XP SP2 on iMac 2.0ghz Duo. It run perfect but when I move the window around it showed me the window is choppy. It make me wondering do I need to install video driver? Or install DirectX?

as far as i know, (and i'm on a dell at the moment) that's just windows. window drawing is terrible as i'm playing with it now, and this has a geforce 5200 with fully up to date direct-x stuff. it's just crap is all.

Did you install the drivers that BootCamp burns onto a CD for you? I believe this needs to be done separately, after you've installed Windows.

You noticed that left side have no icons. When I move the window show choppy looks. Its sucks.

Attachments

• XPS2Imac.jpg
    XPS2Imac.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 13
drivers for your video, audio, bluetooth, ethernet, keyboard - (what else? - some other stuff)

Insert the Driver CD that you burned, and let it autorun. click continue various times, so your drivers are installed, You really don't have to decide which drivers you want to install, Windows decides for you (darn Windows anyway)
Autorun for the drivers CD doesn't work about 1 in 3 times on new Macs I have installed with bootcamp (darn Windows anyway!), so go into My Computer, and run the install manually.
Actually turns out pretty good almost everytime, except when the install fails for some reason (darn Windows anyway!)
I've installed on about 10 new Macs, and twice had complete meltdowns (following the same procedures each time (darn windows anyway!)

You gotta keep a sense of humor when you do that bootcamp stuff . . .

MacFreak said:
What drivers? Such as what?
The drivers that BootCamp put on the CD for you. I believe there are video drivers and networking drivers, among others, on the drivers CD that BootCamp makes for you.

You use BootCamp to make your Windows partition, then install Windows, then boot into Windows, then put the driver CD that BootCamp made for you into the drive while booted into Windows, then install the drivers on that CD into Windows...

If you right click (or rather, Ctrl-Click...sorry, haven't had the chance to do this yet :p) My Computer and select Manage, then click on Device Manager in the Computer Management window, you'll see the flood of devices with question marks on them. These are the devices that need the drivers installed from the CD made by Boot Camp.

But do *not* do anything by hand! Just pop in the CD burnt by Boot Camp and all will go automatically. Don't quit any process it wants to accomplish.

Not all devices will install. Some - the iSight camera, for example -do not have drivers yet. I think the other would be the infrared port for the remote

Back