Videoconferencing on Zoom

yomark

Registered
I need your help:
I have:

a) A Canon PowerShot A620 digital camera, and
b) A Mac Mini (Intel) (Macmini3,1) running MAC OS X El Capitan (version 10.11.6).
c) NEC 90GX2 LCD Monitor (19”)

What else do I need, and how do I use these to videoconference through Zoom?

Or: CAN I?

Your best place for information is here at Zoom help center. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697

I don't think your digital camera will work with this.
System requirements:
  • An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
  • Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
  • A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
  • Or, a HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
Most smart phones will work.

When in Zoom meeting follow these simple steps so you won’t get ‘Zoom Bombed’:

Thank you for the advice. I will try to use it. I have an important conference on Friday, and my computer crashed. I hope this will work. Otherwise, I will need to contact brightvisionevents.co.uk for help because I don't want it to fail. Just imagine that one conference determines my next paycheck, whether I get a raise or not. My wife is really hoping for it because we want to move to another more comfortable house, so I need to earn more. I want my kids to be proud of me, so I really hope for a raise!

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for the help. Just to update y’all, I eventually bought a reasonably priced web-cam, and a USB microphone. I have my computer’s sound-out going into an aux input on my surround receiver (it’s been set-up like that for years).

Now, of course, since the Vaccine, the question is now kinda moot. BUT: I still have the set-up for the future.

Back