viewsonic resolution problem (10.2.3 related?)

corimay

PeanutButter
I just did the OS10.2.3 update, and now my Viewsonic G220f resolution will only allow me to use 800x600. So I had to uncheck the option "Show modes recommended by display" in order to get a higher resolution. I tried reinstalling the Viewsonic CD that it came with but it didn't seem to do anything (looks like it's only an installer for OS9.2)

Has anyone else has problems with their monitor resolution after installing the 10.2.3 upgrade? And is it safe to keep the monitor settings like this?

Thanks.

I don't know about the VS monitor specifically, but you might want to check VS's web site to see if there are new OS-X specific drivers available. As far as I know however, you probably won't need them since it's VGA.

I did check both Apple and Viewsonic's website, but neither showed any updates at all. It was working fine before I upgraded my 10.2.1 to 10.2.3 - so I'm not sure what happened.

Try this:

- Shut down the Mac
- Disconnect the display
- Start up the Mac
- Shut down (Press the power key or CTRL-Eject, then press return)
- Reconnect the monitor
- Start the computer

Sometimes this helps after an OS or graphics driver update. Mac OS X 10.2.3 added some new "monitor sensing" stuff, so it may be slightly screwy, using old settings or something. I'd suggest resetting the PRAM, but Apple claims that display information isn't stored in the PRAM anymore.

Good Luck!

I would doubt that its the specifically the monitor, rather i would check to see if there are any updates/firmwares for you video card.

I tried your trick, slur, but it didn't work. Bad Co, I looked for updates/firmware for my Geforce4 video card and there aren't any at the moment - on either the Apple or NVidia site.

A couple times a day my monitor will blur/fade out for a second, then quickly fade back in...like it's still trying to adjust to my settings? i hope I'm not hurting my monitor :S

have you run the software update to see if you are missing any updates for your machine? Perhaps 10.2.4 will fix it, its saposed to be released soon.

I had a lot of problems with my View Sonic 19" CRT when I plugged it into my Power Mac G4 800 MHz with the ATI Radeon 7500 video card. It was working fine on my older Power Mac G4 733 with the GeForce2 MX card in it... I got 1152x870 with 85 Hz, but on the ATI Radeon 7500 it only showed 75 Hz for all settings. So I just swapped the video cards (luckily enough).

Yea I checked the software updates and there wasn't anything video related. 10.2.3 was probably what messed up my monitor settings because it was working perfectly before. ugh. oh well. Not sure if it would be my video card if it worked before ... I have the NVIDIA GeForce4 32mb card. I guess I will have to wait til the next jaguar update to see if that helps fix my problem. thanks for everyone's help though. I really appreciate it

Back