Virtual PC cannot Download Windows Update

walto

Registered
I have Virtual PC 6 on my OS9.2.2 partition. It is running Microsoft Windows XP. It cannot download Windows Updates, nor security updates nor McAfee security updates. It cannot find the server in these circumstances. However, Internet Explorer has no trouble going to my home page, or any other site I choose. Is this a problem with the Mac and its emulation of a PC? Or is it just the failure of the PC/DOS/Windows system? I have completed all the recommended solution steps in the Microsoft website to repair my PC connectivity,etc. I use the Virtual PC to get data from the hospital sites so it is important that I have an operational and secure PC.

I have resolved the problem. No it was not a problem with Virtual Switch, but I eventually, (for antivirus program downloads), did change to Shared Packets. I had to list trusted sites in both Windows XP and in Internet Explorer. Then the problems disappeared. I fell into the clues for this by wandering in the windows troubleshooting site. I hope I do not have to go there again.

Back