Virtual Pc / Parallel Workstation

popester said:
HEY ALL , HAVE JUST DOWNLOADED BETA SOFTWARE THAT IS VERY SIMILAR TO VIRTUAL PC .SEEMS TO RUN VERY WELL ON MY MACBOOK PRO . CAN DOWNLOAD TRIAL BETA VERSION AT :
www.parallels.com/en/download/

WELL WORTH A LOOK !

What's your luck been activating Windows in the Parallels work station? So far it doesn't accept my Product Key, although I just purchased Windows today. I'm wondering if it's a problem with recognizing the Windows install in the Workstation environment instead of the PC itself.

Has anyone run up against the issue of NOT being able to get the F8 key recognized during the Windows XP installation? I have a mini duo, OS X 10.4.7 and cannot get the bloody F8 key to be recognized.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Paris

I had the same problem trying to install XP under Virtual PC. I had to press Option + F8 to get it to work.

Parallels should not interfere with your CD Key. I've used Parallels on many XP installations and haven't seen this issue. Make sure your typing the key correctly. You might want to consider making an 'unattended' installation where the CDKey is provided in a winnt.sif file.

What's your luck been activating Windows in the Parallels work station? So far it doesn't accept my Product Key, although I just purchased Windows today. I'm wondering if it's a problem with recognizing the Windows install in the Workstation environment instead of the PC itself.

If you're using a bootcamp partition for your parallels windows using the new beta, you've propably got the same problem as alot of other people. Yo can read more about here: http://forum.parallels.com/thread5997.html

Back