VirtualPC 7 - Can I move base "Windows XP Home" file?

JeffNY

Registered
Hi,

I installed VirtualPC 7 (with Windows XP Home) on my Mac OS 10.4 Mac. I would like to move the base (now 2.4GB) "Windows XP Home" file to another hard drive volume/partition on my computer. Does anyone know if I can do that?

Also, having trouble getting a Shared folder to work (XP hasd trouble installing the "add-on"), but I did just update from VPC 7.0.1 to 7.0.3, will see if that helps...

Thanks,
Jeff

Well, after the 7.0.3 update I got the Shared folder working. Can't get VPC to see USB devices though. And Windows XP keeps downing "updates" every time to go to shut it down!! Had had moved files on the hard drive its on to other partition, so I had about 1.7GB free...now I am down to 165MB because VPC keep expanding the Windows hard drive space to make room for all these "updates" XP keeps downloading! eeeee

Still would like to move the main Windows XP to another drive/partition if thats possible....

Jeff

humm, new problem. Now VPC does not see my main "Windows XP Home" computer file, and when I open VPC now it asks me if I want to 1. Install your own operating system, 2. Install from Virtual PC for Mac CD, 3. Import from a previous version. Here are some screen shots.
http://home.earthlink.net/~rv-jeff/VPC1.jpg

...it just wont let me specify the "Windows XP Home" computer file as the file to use/boot from!!! Anyone have any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jeff

Back