VirtualPC 7 networking

Chris Belwinds

Registered
I have a problem using VPC 7: When "virtual switch" is used, an error message is prompted stating that "virtual switch cannot be activated". Shared networking also does not work. As a result, I cannot access the Internet. But that is the only reason for me to use VPC to check webpages on some Windows browsers.

Now the funny thing is that all that has been said only applies to one admin user. Another simple user on the same machine has no problem networking via VirtualPC at all. Would it help to copy some of the local VPC files (preferences or the like?) to the other user's home folder? But which files could that be?

System: Mac OS X 10.3.7 on a PowerMac G5.

Thanks in advance!

That's weird, how are you connected? Airport? Using XP?

I installed XP pro on my VPC 7 yesterday, and said I am already connected to the 'net in the wizard, and it worked.

But shared networking is disabled, and I can't turn it on.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks

Is DHCP activated on the router? In order to use the Virtual Switch, you need to have a DHCP server to hand out another IP address for the virtual machine...

Yes, DHCP is on.

I should add that this problem was probably caused by shutting down VPC prematurely. I wanted to log out and had not seen that VPC was still active (hidden). That must have disturbed some of the VPC settings.

Back