VMware on Leopard 10.5

roderick

Registered
I downloaded the trial version of VMware and using it for the moment, it's great. I got to work on windows powerpoint because I don't have the mac version.
Anyhow, the problem is I can't seem to find the shared folder between Mac and Windows. And I can't get windows and mac to recognize the same HD at the same time.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Normally the shared Mac/Windows folder has a shortcut on the Windows desktop. If it's not there, why not use Windows Explorer to find it (I think its called VMShare Folder).

You won't be able to get Windows to recognize the the Mac HD.

P.S. Have you installed VM Tools?

P.P.S. I think this thread should be under 'Boot Camp & OS Virtualization on Mac'.

I have figured it out, I had the shared folder enabled but I didn't add a folder to share in VMware.
Maybe an admin can move the thread.
Thanks for the reply

Why move it? Maybe someone else will find it useful :)
Are you using Fusion 2 by the way? I find it enough stable to do all my production work requiring XP and Windows 2003, Ubuntu etc using that instead of the 1.x...

I meant move the thread to the part where it belongs, not delete it.
Fusion 2 is still a beta version, so I am still on the 1.x

This may be old, but I'm having problems installing the VMWare application on my Mac. I am running Leopard 10.5.4 and downloaded the beta 2.0 version, still it says that the app is not supported. Can anyone help me out? Thank you.

I am not on a intel mac, I am using a Power Book G4.

I'm running the 1.1.3 on an intel based iMac and it's working like a charm. The beta version is not always a good choice, so try installing the 1.1.3 and see how it works, then upgrade to 2.0

I'm running the 1.1.3 on an intel based iMac and it's working like a charm. The beta version is not always a good choice, so try installing the 1.1.3 and see how it works, then upgrade to 2.0

can't find that version, all they have is the 1.1.7, and that one doesn't even support. worse off, now that I installed the 10.5.4 os update, my laptop is starting to run slow, pen tablet won't work, tried reinstalling it, damn install program doesn't want to work. :mad:

If you are running time machine, restore you backup to where everything was working. Try to repair permission with Disk utilities. Update your OS then attempt to install VMware.

Actually, Leopard was developed to make use of the Intel-based processors, specifically multi-core computers and that, although they can run Leopard, G4 and G5 Macs should stick to 10.4 Tiger OS. Some functions of non-Intel macs would be impaired running Leopard (10.5.x)
So this might be the problem too.

If you are running time machine, restore you backup to where everything was working. Try to repair permission with Disk utilities. Update your OS then attempt to install VMware.

Actually, Leopard was developed to make use of the Intel-based processors, specifically multi-core computers and that, although they can run Leopard, G4 and G5 Macs should stick to 10.4 Tiger OS. Some functions of non-Intel macs would be impaired running Leopard (10.5.x)
So this might be the problem too.

I agree totally now. I mean Leopard is fun and all, but it's mainly best used on the intel and not a reg. processor. Thank you for the help, unfortunately I never really used Time Machine until now. I'm doing a back up of things onto my external. Hopefully I'll be able to do something with all of it. All else fails I'm down grading immediately.

Back