VPC and mobile phones

orbstah

Registered
i am running VPC 6 and everything is ok. however i also have an NEC e808 mobile phone. The software for this is win2k, XP only so i run it on my vpc win2k partion. The phone is detected when i connect it and all the software isinstalled correctly. When i try and transfer files either from or to the handset it comes up with a communications error.You have to put a code in on the computer and then it should ask you for the same code on the phone and everything should be fine. but it seems to be having problems talking to the handset as it never asks me for a code on the handset. I know it works ok on a normal pc as i tried it and it's fine. Is there a firewall in place somewhere that is stoping the communication ? or is there some setting i could change to help this or is it just a problem with VPC that i am gonna have to live with ?

ORBSTAH

How is your cell phone connected to the comp? bluetooth? I would be surprised, if VirtualPC can handle your bluetooth adaptor!
Guess it must be usb or serial.
If so, does any other device run over usb or serial using vpc?

If your phone is USb or serial, there are settings in VirtualPC that will allow you to "add" that device to VirtualPC.

VirtualPC doesn't work well with USB or FireWire peripherals, but you can "add" them manually to get VirtualPC to recognize them. Check under the "Settings" tab in the VirtualPC list for these options.

firewire is not supported at all.
And what confuses me is that orbstah actually got a correct connection between the cell and the win2k. Wondering why the connection breaks up when it comes to the filetransfer.
But as El said, there are some issues on USB devices...

Well i use a usb scanner and printer and they both work perfect. It's strange with the phone. It is a usb device. like i said its detected fine and all drivers are in. just the final stage of file transfer fails. very wierd. oh well i am stuck with this hunk of crap microshaft pc forever :(

Not for NEC phones. Had a 606 for about a fortnight, it sucked. The windows software was a bit lame too.

Back