Vpn With 10.4.3

levans

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with VPN connections to Windows 2000/2003 servers? Having problems getting connected. Any help greatly appreciated.

Our situation is this, I have a PowerBook running 10.4.3 trying to connect to a Windows 2000 network and also a Windows 2003 network via VPN (PPTP), using ethernet everything works as expected. Using airport card cannot get a connection established. This may be a problem in Tiger so purchased DigiTunnel but doesn't connect either.

Hmmm... I'm thinking I remember something about having to set WPA encryption to 128-bit instead of the standard 48/64-bit or something like that for wireless Macintosh connectivity.

I don't have an AirPort card nor a wireless router next to me here, so I can't test it, but are there options for the level of encryption on your wireless router?

Hello all,
I hope it's alright to post in this thread, instead of opening a new one.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Yes, I have experience with it and can try and help.

I'm trying to set up a L2TP/IPSec VPN-connection from a Tiger 10.4.3 workstation to a Win2K3-RRAS-VPN-server.

I've so far added my self-created/self-signed CA-root-certificate and a user certificate to the Mac (via "Keychain Access") and been able to establish a PPTP connection (with user authentication via certificate or via username/password).

But I can't establish a L2TP/IPSec connection: it doesn't work with a pre-shared key and I couldn't figure out, how to get a machine certificate to the Mac, the "Internet Connect" tool always says that there is no certificate, no matter what I tried so far.

I've checked with a WinXP workstation and L2TP/IPSec connections work fine with either pre-shared key or machine certificate.

I would be grateful if you could shed any light on this.

BTW: Neither the server, nor the workstations are NAT'ed, so NAT-T shouldn't be a concern.

Regards
Oliver

I couldn't figure out, how to get a machine certificate to the Mac, the "Internet Connect" tool always says that there is no certificate, no matter what I tried so far.

Hello Oliver,

Check out my webpage about import machine certificates and connecting with L2TP/IPsec on the Mac.

Jacco

Back