W00T! Firefox 1.0!

See, I guess I'm more like a vegetarian in that aspect. However green you paint it, a steak is a steak and made of dead animal. Windows 3.1 code? You sure you want that wrapped in a Cocoa suit? Nah, thank you. ;-)

on my system firefox beta refuses to install. i even have force shutdown the computer using the power button to get rid of the failing installer (the icon keeps popping up and down in my dock and nothing happens). The installer icon even blinks in my force quit window!

running 0S 10.3.5 1 gHz powerpc G4 powerbook 15 ii

Firefox does not have an installer, the disk image just contains the application.

If you tried to launch Firefox from the disk image, it will do what you described.

Make sure that you check your hard drive/users/[you]/library/applications support for a firefox folder, if there is one move it to the trash, copy the application to the hard drive and then launch the application.

Firefox WAS my primary browser until it started crashing every time a pop-up window tried to open, whitelisted or not. Since my WiFi gateway uses a popup to authenticate and de-authenticate I can't use that browser any more.

When they fix that, however, it will return to its pedistal.

maybe something in your 'application support' folder has gone bad. You could always move that out of there and try again. Might help.

Back