Wake From Sleep Problems

Total Konfuzion

Registered
I have a PowerMac Dual G4 @ 500mhz that has issue with waking up from sleep. Running Tiger 10.4.11 with a fresh install of it on there. 512mb memory populating all 4 slots. I've verified permission, verified the HDD via disk utility. I've also run MacOSXmemtest that I purchased and that came up clean. I've also reset the PMU.

When I wake the computer up from sleep it will usually wake up to a display and then the mouse and keyboard work momentarily (USB MS keyboard and Logitech Mouse) and then I'll get the beachball of death. The mouse and keyboard will then stop responding completely. I have to manually restart the computer but it seems to work great if it doesn't go into sleep .

Help! :)

They are not however apple certified mouse and keyboard. Just a generic M$ keyboard and logitech mouse. Should I invest in an apple mouse/keyboard? I had it hooked up to a KVM and am returning that because it crashed even more frequently than it does now. Now it only seems to crash when coming out of sleep.

Update*

I tested the memory by pulling it out stick by stick and testing between pulls. Still hangs when it comes out sleep. It hangs every time too. It's not random. I also pulled an unused adaptec SCSI card out and tried waking it up with no success. It's so odd. It almost seems like it's going to work fine until the beachball begins to spin.

What could this be an indication of? I've seen lots of threads with people that have issues with their G4's coming out of sleep. They all seem to be different issues with different solutions.

I also zapped my PRAM and NVRAM again and still nothing.

Any other suggestions? Could this just be a mouse/keyboard issue with the USB? Wrong voltage causing the sucker to crash or something like that? LoL...*stabs at the dark*

Hey have you tried trashing the energy saver preferences? by off chance this could be the prob. Go>hd>user>preferences>energypreferences.com
Drag to trash {empty trash} do restart.
Good Luck
Dickster-------------------------------------------------------

Back