Waking Display from Deep Sleep

ACORN

Registered
...i know this issue has been around for a while in the MAC community with no "real" reasons or solutions but, hopefully you guys/girls can help me out with my problem.

First off i have experienced this problem in both OSX.4.11 and OSX.5.1 so it is not just a Leopard problem. The issue only started after a processor upgrade...so i am sure that is part of the problem. The problem is more of an annoyance than a genuine problem, but a problem just the same.

Background info... My MAC is an original 2001 Quicksilver G4 867 GHz[which i have owned since new] and is truly a workhorse, never giving any real problems even while working long nights on projects.... i recently upgraded to a NewerTech Dual processor 1.73 GHz 7448 G4 and i have NO complaints other than the inability to sleep...or rather, wake from sleep I have searched countless forums, websites, googled this subject to death and can not find any concrete answers AND PLEASE dont just tell me avoid sleeping - the issue is upon waking from sleep, the cpu and fans come alive but the Display doesnt. I have reset PRAM/NVRAM, done a clean install of my OS on a zeroed HD, removed aftermarket PCI cards to no prevail. Anything i am missing. Any opinions or answers [other than avoiding sleep] is appreciated. THANK YOU- Aaron

Leopard for sure, (not sure about Tiger) use a new "Deep Sleep" method.
This might be causing your problem.

to check which mode is active
0= original sleep method, 3= new save to disk style.
In a Terminal window, type the following

pmset -g | grep hibernatemode
==============================
to change mode 0= old style sleep 3= new (save to disk style)
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
to remove sleep disk image and regain disk space.
cd /var/vm
sudo rm sleepimage

jb.

acorn--- have you ever tried going into user>library>preferences and trashing the apple.com.autowake preference file---this might help you---
dickster-----------------------------------------------------

I found that certain 3rd party PCI cards (in my G5) would give me the same indications. After some investigating I found the culprit that was an old AlchemyTV. After removing it (and going with Elgato). So make sure everything you have installed is compatible with Leopard.

I have a similar error, but my computer gets sluggish when i come out of sleep instead. Sometimes my mouse goes crazy. Can someone pleaaase tell me what to do. Its on my macbook with leopard and im a new mac user.

Back