Want to change your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edX

mac shaman
as our holiday present to our members, we are offerring a one time opportunity to change your username. if you would like to take advantage of this, then reply to this thread with your requested new name before dec 31, 2002. names are subject to availability and the change will be permanent. no changing your mind again in the future so think carefully about doing this. changes will take place some time after the new year.

Happy Holidays to all!!

sudo mv 'G. Peretz' gatorparrots
In other words, yes. Please change my user name from 'G. Peretz' to gatorparrots.

Thanks a bunch,
~gatorparrots

should we not PM or email the change, and not post it here? I mean, if two people request the same name, who gets it?

the one that posted first?

Originally posted by PowermacG4_450
should we not PM or email the change, and not post it here? I mean, if two people request the same name, who gets it?

the one that posted first?

Actually, what would stop a troll from coming into this forum, reading this thread and saying "hah! if thats the names they want, thats the names I shall register!!!" ??

Originally posted by jppjr79
Actually, what would stop a troll from coming into this forum, reading this thread and saying "hah! if thats the names they want, thats the names I shall register!!!" ??

Would be easy to catch. You must be logged in to view threads, and if someone already has an account and creates a new one, we'd see it on his IP.

Eh, what the Heck - change mine to:
Sogni
:)

Just curious, what happens to the old user names? Will they become available for someone else to register?

And how will we know when they are changed?

ok, maybe scottw will correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the old names will remain in the database. at the present moment we have no intention of going back and changing all instances of anyone's name as this would probably shut the site down for hours. all your previous posts with your previous name will remain - notice how Admin is now Scottw but the threads he started as admin stll reflect that. so it will be more like a "henceforth ye shall be known as..." kind of thing.

i will notify everybody thru this thread and possibly emails to your registration account when the names will change. if, after that, you come back and your cookies don't work, you may need to relog with the new name. your old password should work with it.

So effectively, it's actually just a new name..? I don't wanna sound picky, but couldnt each person just do this them selves, a lot easier??

Pengu, the only way for a person to do this for themselves is to start a new account. yes it could be done, but setting up all the prefs and profile is not easier than having me simply change the name on the present one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back