War Protesting in Schools

can only totally agree, Ed. plus: I always wonder where that "we" comes from in this issue. Why is it that US citizens think "they" (the US) have to do something. In my view, it's the UN who has to do something, and we might all agree that Saddam Hussein isn't 'just another friendly neighbour'. But the world has an instrument for issues like that, and that's the UN. And hearing stuff like "We might attack Iraq even without another UN resolution" kinda turns me off.

It should be more like this: "Hello world, we've seen that Mr. Hussein doesn't comply to the UN resolutions of 1991, and we think the UN should act harder in these matters. We, the US would like to help the UN with our troops." The way the US representatives act now in the world is more like: "Hey, dudes, we're going to war. Join us or f?! off. At least get out of our way. Oh, yeah, and we need your countries as bases, because it'd be a bit too much for us to start in our country."

Humour is the last man standing.

Ed: besides, we have nothing but speculation linking sadam to terrorism - even in Israel.

Very right. It should be reminded that Iraq is one of the only country in the ME not to have an institutional-formed terrorist movement (in simpler words: state terrorism orgs). Syria, Lebanon, Jordania, Palestine (obviously), but also Israel, Egypt…

we went after bin laden in afghanistan and have only done that half right.

Half ?! You certainy meant "third", "quarter" or "fifth", if not "tenth" or "dozenth" (not sure this one exists) !
1) Afghanistan has not recovered from the war (or should I say: US frenzy) from an economic, humanitarian, social and psychological point of view.
2) USA is no more helping Afghanistan to recompose its political institutions, contrarirly to what was promised.
3) AFP/Reuters says two sons of O. Bin Laden have been spotted in Afgh. by Minister of the Interior of Balouchistan (Pakist. province).
> Afgh. has proved fight against terrorism is far more complex than bombing a delimited territory. Plus, it has comforted terrorists that the US are very much powerless against organisations such as Al Qaida.

Let's deal with the terrorists where they are and not where they possibly come from.

The USA cannot compromise its economic interests (mainly weapons) with Lebanon, Syria and Israel (and those are only examples).

once more we are calling to 'liberate' a people we don't even know based upon our own fears and cultural norms. does this ring a bell? can you spell V-I-E-T-N-A-M?

But there's no communist threat excuse to war in Iraq.

Back