Warcraft 3 and MacBook Pro

dktrickey said:
Yeah, where did everybody go? It's kind of creepy in here.

Well, I'm outta here. L8R, nixgeek! Don't forget to lock up.

Doug

P.S. Is that a tumbleweed?? I didn't know that was possible.

I wish I could, but DeadPrez took the key with him to "the Other Side." :p

Maybe a nice bureau would be heavy enough to prevent re-entry.....OK, that didn't sound good......bye... :p

But since there is no "solution" to speak of, short of Blizzard reallocating resources out of the kindness of their heart, I'm not exactly thrilled about the shortcomings/innovativeness (half empty, half full) of Rosetta.

There are rumors swirling that Blizzard may actually be making universal binaries of many of their older games but I have nothing official to link about that. Really depends on whether Blizzard think WoW is their only priority (and in terms of $$ its hard to argue).

BTW, my MacBook Pro is in for repair because the hard drive already crashed. So back on the old Windows desktop for a week. I wonder what new twist is waiting for me in two weeks? ;)

From the looks of it on the Net, it looks as though it's time for a recall on the MacBook Pro. I was looking into getting a MacBook or MacBook Pro sometime in September, but I'm thinking I might go ahead and wait until next year once all of the kinks are worked out.

Incidentally, I haven't heard about any problems with the Intel iMacs. Weird. :confused:

If I remember correct, the last Powerbooks weren't that free of problems either, right? Maybe it's a general problem of Apple on the mobile computing front that's not just present here since the Intel machines arrived.

Maybe it's just noticed more because of more coverage in the media

The good news is that Blizzard seems to be focused on upgrading their software. They keep releasing patches for StarCraft and WarCraft. They upgraded StarCraft to OSX from OS9, so hopefully, they will release a UB version.

Joshua

yeah, they do take their sweet time doing things, thats for sure! As far as I can tell, they've backed off the production of Starcraft:Ghost for consoles (not in their Under Development section on the website, and I didnt find it for sale anywhere... hmmm.... is it finished and coming out soon?).

Regarding Ghost: No, it won't be coming out soon or is finished AFAIK. It's on hold, and there is no development done on it. All forces are drawn to WoW: The Burning Crusade I guess.

I don't remember how long it took for Starcraft to be patched for OS X. Anyone remember how long it was?

Damrod: Regarding Apple notebook reliability, Apple is consistently rated as having the most reliable desktops and notebooks!

What does that say about notebooks in general? Hmmmm

Doug

P.S. ANOTHER tumbleweed!

My friend had a problem with his Mac Book Pro, It kept crashing when he was using lots of processing speed, Like movie editing and such.

I think it is a cooling isshue, Don't take my word for it though;)

Damrod said:
Honestly folks, don't you think it's about time to let this argument die?

Hardly!

One thing you might consider trying is snapping up a copy of Warcraft3 for Windows and running that in XP via Boot Camp. In my experience XP on an intelMac rips it up in the gaming front, I've been systematically testing everything I can get my grubby little hands on.

If W3 is super super important to have, I bet you it's cheap enough to purchase considering its age.

Hi,

I consider buying a MacBook Pro, and intend to install WinXP along with OS X (dual-boot) and maybe even Linux. WarCraft III (I have the windows version) is the only game I play, so I was wondering if anyone had tried to run it on the MacBook, with a windows xp install. Does it run smoothly? Has anyone tried other games on a WinXP install on the MacBook?

A problem with headphones in winxp is also described. Anyone experienced this?

Big thanks!

Well, slightly off-topic, but I have WC3 working at full res and full settings on my Intel iMac 20 2gb machine. My MBP 17 OTOH gets a kernel exception every time I run it (even patched to 1.20d). Ugh.

Boot Camp runs it at full res and full settings beautifully BTW.

Awaiting a fix or some hints on my MBP and a universal binary.

Take care folks,

Manny

Back