Web Dev Software for Mac ??

I'm back to BBEdit again after a couple of hours... skedit just felt too clumsy. Although the Site Management facility seemed nice, it was awkward to use.

Downloaded skEdit, and for £11, I bought it.

I like it for the simple, uncluttered interface.

The big plus is the menu that let's you jump to a function within the page, along with the project list on the left.

Nice...

Yes, I initially liked the project list, but didn't like the way you had to open another file in a separate window (if you wanted more than one file open).

The function list is nice, as you say. But realised all of this is within BBEdit anyway. At least it got me to go back to it and check out the same features again, which has helped. ;) £11 well not-spent! (could buy 11 fictional iTunes Music Store UK tracks with that!) :(

uoba said:
Code-folding. This is what I want in my coding-app!! (Checkout gphpedit on Linux).

Has anyone ever managed to get gphpedit to work under MAC OS X?
I just tried (after taking a look at it on my buddies`linux box) and I couldn`t get the required libraires installed.... :(

If anyone can give me a clue on how to get thios fantastic app working, I`d really appreciate it..

Dreamweaver MX 2004 is the only way to go, I've been using it since version 2 and I won't use anything else bar Dreamweaver.

For my larger sites I use GoLive (6.0.1) with help from Photoshop and ImageReady (7.0.1) and LiveMotion (2.0). I tend to do any coding work (small changes) in OmniWeb's code editor. For smaller sites or working out demos with clients, I use Stone Design's Create (doesn't get much easier than that). I also like HyperEdit for coding.

For audio content I use Sound Studio with GoLive converting the AIFF files to quicktime. For PDF content I use Acrobat 5.0.5 for editing and PStill for distilling.

For video capture (DVD, VHS) I use my SGI Indy and convert the out put (usually a rather large raw quicktime format) using GoLive again to get something that is web ready.

Back