Webhosting? Who should I switch to?

tk4two1

Professional Crastinator
Currently I use hostonce.com, for $4.95 mo. I get unlimited space, email, and bandwidth as well as a free domain name. This service sucks... Plain and simple it is slow and plus has no PHP. What are my options? Where to go that is comparable, without the slow servers and gives me php? If I had DSL I would host it all myself but that is a no go at this point. All I really want to pay at this point is about $5 a mo. Thanks in advance.

I have a server that I sell hosting from. 24.95 /month and the bandwidth is very very good. The server is running linux and you have access to php mysql & perl, plus the obvious, email, ftp, telnet.

let me know if you want more specifics.

Originally posted by twister
ICDSoft is exactly what you need. Great service, great support, and $5 a month. I've had it for a while and it's awesome!!!

Twister

Does icdsoft have PHP support? The other hosting company I am looking into is http://www.cyberpixels.com Any reasons to go either way? One problem with Hostonce besides their 50% uptime was that a traceroute to them was over 30 hops and took 5 mins. With Cyberpixels is 13 in under 5 sec. and icdsoft is 18 in about 10sec. Big difference. It seems that I would be better off at either of these two places, but being the cheap american that I am I have to find out which is the best option for me (Acctually I just can't decide and need some help):D

Yep ICDSoft has PHP. We actually created an e-commerce site with PHP and MySQL on one of my free sub-domaines for class. Worked awesome!

Twister

I support icdsoft.com also. Great service. Fast tech support. I will be sticking with them for a long time.

cyber pixels is slower than icdsoft
besides, icdsoft has 5 free subdomains!
o yea, once u get a website, i found this great url cloaking thing
http://www.dot.tk
you get 3 free .tk's, except there will be an add, unless u pay 5 bucks per year.
This is NOT a webhosting thing, it just shows another url when u type in www.something.tk. Got it?

Hey, how much bandwidth does icdsoft give??????
I've been looking for a dirt cheap hosting company with php and mysql. this is cooooooooooooool.
but hostonce gives a second domain once u've registered one for 16 bucks.
how much do they charge u if ur a customer already, and register a second domain?????????

FWIW: I like echolima.com - multiple domains on a single account, advanced control panel too, but cheapest account is $9.95 mo., cheaper if paid in advance.

ICDSOFT

As an existing customer you can get your second, third and so on account for $40 (hosting only), or $50 (hosting + com/net/org/us) or $60 (hosting + biz/info)!

5 Gigs Data Transfer & Hits

Twister

Check out newtechadvisors.com. They have a full array of services including php and consultation, 200MB of space, $99/year! Ask for Richard Greenwood and tell him Nathaniel sent you. His service is EXTREMELY FAST and reliable. Domain names through him are $15 and he is open to negotiation depending on the deal being made. He has been very flexible with me on fees and charging me only for what I use. Apache servers and the whole bit. Check out my website for ease of loading, etc. His servers have quite a bit to do with it.

Cheers!

looks as if I am going to go with ICDSoft. I won't click your link though... Oh alright! I'll click your damn link!:D

I pay 45 bucks a year for 50MB space and 1GB bandwith (they give you an extra GB free). When I joined them, they were in the process of relocating their servers so their service wasn't stable. It now is. Only "but" is that they take a day or two to fulfill your order. I've been with two other webhosts and I never renewed. With this one, I most likely will. Oh, and yes, they got all the goodies.

Their hosting deals can be found here: http://affordablehost.com/hosting.shtml

That doesn't look.......good. Sure there's php and all that, and it's fussing cheap, but only 50 megabytes? I gotta put a bunch of mp3 samples on my site, a couple of websites, and tons of pics. 50 megabytes?????
I'd go for ICDsoft of Cyberpixels. In fact, i am considering switching to one of em.
Oh and by the way, my penguinn site.....i barely even worked on it. I'm not THAT bad at designing. I just wanted the free emails, and i might actually put something there.

Back