Webpage will not load www.rubensoft.com

MLJ_osxcom

Registered
The webpage for TopCalculette will not load. I get this message in Safari under 10.4.2 Tiger:

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “http://www.rubensoft.com/Products/TopCalculettePro_US.html”. The error was: “POSIX error: Permission denied” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:13) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Under FireFox1.06 the page simply stalls and never loads.

The error occurs whether I try the ruben.soft.com URL or the Download link in Macupdate.com for Topcalculette.

I vaguely recall this occurring in the past when trying to get a version update but it was always fixed within days.

Anyone else encounter this? Thanks in advance. Maybe the webpage server is just down. It has been this way for several days now.

Really weird. I did a Google search on the “POSIX error: Permission denied” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:13) error and came up with some hits. Most were seemingly related to Safari Enhancer problems. I may have had tried this Safari Enchancer months ago, but thought I'd removed it.

I went searching for all files containing any mention of Safari Enhancer (utilizing FileBuddy to fine all visible invisible ones) and found only 4, all seemed to be innocent ie not apps. Ran Cocktail and cleaned all caches. Rebooted and still would not load the site www.rubensoft.com or related links.

Some Google links mentioned just running Safari Enhancer and then find RESTORE DEFAULTS button which I did and still will not load the site(s).

Weird as all other sites work with both Safari 2.01 (412.5) and FoxFire1.06 as
best I know under Tiger 10.4.2.

Suddenly, with no explanation as with earlier incident, it is working again.

I had been exploring the Safari Enhancer related POSIX errors route and have RESTORED DEFAULTS within Safari Enhancer and tried removing all traces of Enhancer without success. It is still possible something I did ultimately fixed it, but more and more I suspect something wacko with my ISP (RoadRunner). After all my experimentation fixing attempts & rebooting it still did not work.

I had tried checking PING & TRACETROUTE to the rubensoft.com and related sites and they failed as well. For that reason i suspect something between me and RoadRunner's gateway to the internet. RoadRunner was having problems & and was experiencing slow download speeds. I suspect it was something on their end.

Well, it is working again, just one of those unsolved mysteries. Everything seems normal with this site now and all is working correctly.

Thanks for the comments. :D :D

Back