Weird G4 Freezing?

nuvolino

Registered
Hi I just recently installed 10.4 und updated everything up to 10.4.6 and for some reason for no reason it will freeze the mouse still moves but the finder doesn't work I can't select anything of access the dock or use the
Option+apple+esc key combo won't work either???

here is all the bits that make up my G4

G4 Quicksilver (2002) 933 @1Ghz
1.5Gig ram microns (cas 2 rated)
Ati Radeon 9800 pro 128meg (ati made PC version Modded and flashed)
(109-A07502-00, ATY,R350 Rom#113-A07525-130)
Sonnett tempo ata133 card
5 Hard drives (30Gig, 80Gig, 120Gig, 200Gig 200Gig all Seagate)
M-audio Audiophile 2496
Motu Fastlane USB Midi Interface
Belkin 5 port USB2 card
Pioneer DVR-A09 Burner
Two 19" Samsung TFT LCD displays

also one more annoying thing is that my finder file view setting don't store either??? so i have to keep on selecting to view as a list all the time whenever i open a harddrive

any suggestions???

I would bet on one of those installed cards need an updated divers for Tiger. This is only a guess.

I also have a G4 very similar to yours and I'm having the same problem you described. My problems seem to have started when I installed 10.4.6. I was reading through the forums looking for help when I found your post. Someone mentioned in another post something about a possible incompatibility with this install and certain firewire cards. At times when I boot, it takes a while for the different volumes on my external HD to show up on the desktop, so this might be part or all of the problem. I hope others will chime in with their thoughts.

Back