What 3 things do you want from Apple most? (computer hardware)

What 3 things do you want from Apple most? (computer hardware)

• A 23" iMac

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • 3GHz dual G5 PowerMac

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • iHome entertainment system (G4 processor, big hard drive, DVD burner, etc.)

Votes: 21 36.8%
  • Improved Airport Express (stream audio and video from any Mac app around the house, etc.)

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Upgrade the hard drive and memory on the Mac mini

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 10" Powerbook

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • G5 Powerbooks

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Dual G4 Powerbooks (with improved screens, faster wireless, etc.)

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Two (or more) buttons on the Apple mouse and trackpad

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
as far as the iHome thing, didn't Apple try this already just before OSX with a mostly gaming machine released only in Asia? Darn, forgot what it was called.

the pippin? well... that was a video game system... iHome is more of a home entertainment system (movies and music)

I would take a Dual G4 PowerBook before a G5 PowerBook any day. The G4 is not dead by a long shot.

I think Apple should introduce a few extra options into some of their computing lines. Australia is really getting into High Definition Digital TV now (1080i) and a lot of PCs have high definition tv cards in them so people can watch tv on their computers. Personally I think this is an excellent idea.

I also think Apple really need to get a better mouse out. Ever since I bought my iMac in 2002 I haven't once had the Apple mouse plugged in, but rather a Microsoft mouse. It's much more practical when using applications like Photoshop and web browsing to be able to right click and use the scroll ball whenever needed.

Veljo said:
I think Apple should introduce a few extra options into some of their computing lines. Australia is really getting into High Definition Digital TV now (1080i) and a lot of PCs have high definition TV cards in them so people can watch TV on their computers. Personally I think this is an excellent idea.

Hmmm.. Not for me - I prefer to watch movies/TV on a big screen, and having an aerial lead plugged into my laptop doesn't sound much fun.

However if Apple were to produce a video version of the AirPort Express (AirPort Movie?), and modified iTunes so that I could do with my DVD collection what I have done with my CD collection. And as we are dreaming here of a better future, if the AirPort Movie could plug into an aerial lead and give access to free-to-air TV and cable from my laptop from anywhere in range, that would be a bonus. I guess an expensive solution would be for me to buy a Mac mini, but I don't fancy using a full sized keyboard and mouse as a remote -- which leads me on to my second wish:

Second wish, is a remote control with an iPod like interface for my AirPort Express (and AirPort Movie). That way I can choose what music to play from the living room, and pause it, without having to go anywhere near the den.

Where's my 10" PowerBook with a dual core G4 processor at 2.0 GHz? :p Nah, that'd be a _mix_ of my two dream PowerBooks, of course. I'm also for an updated AirPort Extreme (although I think it'd have to be quite a computer to transform TV into H.264 - live! - and stream that to my PowerBook...)

fryke said:
Where's my 10" PowerBook with a dual core G4 processor at 2.0 GHz? :p Nah, that'd be a _mix_ of my two dream PowerBooks, of course.
10"!? That's a bit small. Measuring my keyboard from corner to corner I get about 11" That's would be the smallest size I think that I could live with. A laptop about the size of a full-size laptop keyboard - no space for a touchpad, but I guess the smart guys at apple could come up with a solution for that. Don't mock dual core either for a laptop - if each core has three levels of power consumption, that means that together they are able to dynamically throttle between 6 power settings to share the load and hopefully spare that precious battery juice.

Oh and 5hrs battery life still ;)

fryke said:
I'm also for an updated AirPort Extreme (although I think it'd have to be quite a computer to transform TV into H.264 - live! - and stream that to my PowerBook...)
C'mon this is Apple we're talking about. Where is your faith brother :D

I'm pretty happy with what Apple is offering right now. Of course I'd be always interested in improved PowerBooks, but to be honest I'm more interested in the possible new aesthetic designs of a G5 PowerBook that in the better processor per se. My 15" PB is barely 6months old and plenty fast for what I do.
I would like to see an improved Mac mini soon though, as I'm planning to give one to my mother for her birthday.

Yep I'm pretty happy with everything Apple's currently offering also.

However I do wish they had a mini iBook with touch screen to compete with the Tablet PC market. I'm considering buying a Tablet PC because there is nothing like that for the Mac. But if Apple had their own Tablet PC, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

iHome entertainment system and a really, really big Apple wide screen TV somewhere around 50" +.

i love these voting things.

Back