What are you looking forward to most in Jaguar?

Ricky

Registered
Since we all know what is coming up in Jaguar (Thanks, Jobs! :D) what all are you guys looking forward to in the upcoming update? :)

I want my Rendezvous. :D Reason being it's going to be an awesome way to connect to your network. Think about the potential it has... if iChat can take advantage of it to find AIM buddies on your intranet, think about what Fire can do! :D

If there is absolutely no configuration of Rendezvous, it sounds like a network admin's worst nightmare.

Quartz Extreme, Sherlock 3, spring-loaded folders, and lots of those "little" improvements.

and I was looking forward to the "minimize in place" feature.

What am I looking forward to most in Jaguar?

Everything.

Speed. Enhanced Finder. Quartz Extreme. New Sherlock. Inkwell. Etc...

and I was looking forward to the "minimize in place" feature.

Yeah, I loved that feature too. I guess it got Steved...

I guess the number one thing I am looking forward to is the performance enhancements. It is really noticeable. The beach ball hardly ever comes up. The system is ready for use immediately after loggin in/startup, whereas now it takes up to 30 seconds to get its act together and accept user input. Overall, the entire experience is optimized, which is about time!

scanning using imagecapture.
also the speed enhancements and the multithreaded finder.

Originally posted by cybergoober
If there is absolutely no configuration of Rendezvous, it sounds like a network admin's worst nightmare.

On the contrary.. it sounds to me like a network admin's dream come true.

Note that if Rendezvous happens to not work, all of the regular networking troubleshooting things still apply -- basically allowing you to connect to something manually like always. But I'd rather not have to go through all that.

I want my Rendezvous! *pout*

I WANT:
The whole Jaguar package but most of all I want the 24th of August to come FAST! This wait makes me wanna smash things :) :p :D

Originally posted by simX

On the contrary.. it sounds to me like a network admin's dream come true.

Note that if Rendezvous happens to not work, all of the regular networking troubleshooting things still apply -- basically allowing you to connect to something manually like always. But I'd rather not have to go through all that.

I want my Rendezvous! *pout*

I just mean in terms of network traffic and whatnot. I was thinking about the people who have to maintain and monitor networks. Like the effects of 50 different people streaming other people's iTunes Libraries.

Yeah, obviously there would be less calls like, "How do I connect to that printer?".

Yeah, I know what you mean in THAT case. Hopefully there will be a way to turn things like that off.. especially the iTunes library thing (although I thought it was pretty neat :D ).

MINIMIZE IN PLACE GOT AXED?!?!? That sux! I was really looking forward to that to. Is it not in the newer builds of 10.2? I really hate having to go to the Dock for all my minimized windows, especially if I just need to minimize for a short period of time.

Damn!

the obvious speed improvements/bug fixes, and spring loaded folders are two things i'm really looking forward to.

Im looking forward to QE and USB printer sharing.

I hope that they will bring back the Minimise in Place feature some time, it sounded like it could be very usefull.

Back