What do U all Think - Final Verdict ?

Originally posted by hulkaros

Still, Panther for me needs A LOT of tweaking and new features in order to hold itself against what M$ has in store for Windows LongHorn this fall... And I'm starting to think that maybe after all this is what Jobs wanted...

It's not 2005 yet. Which is when Longhorn will be coming out. 2 more years for MS to catch up with OSX. They say Longhorn might not even come out till 2006...

OKK, I hardly Post but man,,,,,,,,Just one year ago I have bought the Dual G4 1ghz...trying to convince myself is this the next step .....that apple can offer..and LIke a mac head..i supported it full on...Every PC friend I had that scowled at me...the only one with an apple and the one that loves it..i started to notice...the difference....we actually care about our computers...just like someone could care for a car..of there dreams..and now when thinking the light in the tunnel is ooh soo far away..finally apple makes me proud..and tear...and slaps me in the face..that yes I AM a Pro User..and that I deserve Pro machines, the best and the baddest....I was beggining to run out of things to say ..when My PC friends would just say he ...your machine is slow..and it would hurt me bad...but now....its not about shuttting them up but about showing them..how much this machine is actually just not a machine but a part of my life and the life of others...and I know that now...Im a graphic designer and dude dont get me wrong i was other side of the two coins...I was A CRAZY x86 head..but I was forced. to use an apple..the ones before...the G3s..and you know what......it made my life easier with key commands..and just how every thing works....Now ..i look at a windows..machine and the OS..it just looks lifeless..no soul..and when i get on a PC..is just seems soo messy to me..I dunno just another opinion of a mac head...but you know what...I know this a long post..just wanted to say Bravo to Steve.........if i was at the conference i would be standing and clapping...He has made computing the most fun anyone can have on a computer...Cheers to innovation..............

I never post maybe once..but the G5 needed to come out of me..Phew..HALLELUAHHHH>..

MACMAN

I want a G5 so bad now.....now I must save money and buy one next year....if I can wait that long!

I like the design and architecture of the G5. It looks well designed and clean inside and out. The cooling system is revolutionary. I am pleased with the new G5, it was worth the wait.

Panther looks and sounds okay. I hope that Apple has addressed some of the UI factors, especially the speed aspect.

Again, it feels good to be headed in the right direction.

I like the look of the G5 too. i have always liked the metal/industry-look. but as previous post said; i hope that panther will be snappier. Jobs didnt mention speed did he when he spoke about 10.3? but maybe its to far of for them to even have started to tweak the speed of it. maybe they have started with adding the new functions and speed will be addressed last.

Back