What do you do for a living?

What do you do for a living?

• Graphic or web design

• Computing professional (sys admin or developer)

• Other professional

• Hard working man

• Student

• Between jobs (damn economy!!!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

vanguard

Registered
I've become curious because of all the talk of Photoshop. It seems like everybody here does something artistic.

This is my first poll. Hopefully I do it right.

Vanguard

My degree is in communication media (very general description) but to get specific, my major was in web, DV post production and of course print media.- I went to CCS-college of art and design in Detroit- I worked at a studio for three months after I graduated from college last December, absolutely HATED working indoors during the beautiful part of the day so now I am part owner of the landscaping/snow removal business i worked at for 7 years from high school on up through college and freelance design on my time. I love it!. I make my own schedule and am hap hap happy!

Thats a helluva run-on sentence. :)

I'm A Lazy Ass Student, Studying Computing Diploma... On This Kick Ass (LMAO)
Duron 750MHz's, on Win2K!
Its SOOO Fun!
lol!

NeYo

Full time undergraduate student and full time "other profession" (managing+some dev+some sys admin) = absolutelly no life :p

I run a small agency/production facility, everything including print ads, websites, video post-production, campaign development, etc. All thanks to my Mac(s) and its/their influence on me. It's a great job, stroll in around 9:30 in the morning. I can make as much as I'm willing to work for.

Web designer -- free lancer and contract worker for a major telco based in the southeast (BS). Also dabbling in video, 3D and audio production.

digital prepress, slumlord, day-trader...i.e. scum. :D

Actually, I'm a shift supervisor in a digital imaging dept. for a commercial printer working second shift (getting paid while I do this...thankyouverymuch), I own a few rental properties, and mess with the stock market (thankyouVERYmuch AAPL). I spend way too much time online...help.

Bureaucratic drudge for an incredibly screwed up state agency. But I'm gathering up my resolve, and am gonna take a shot at earning my daily bread (and cable connection fees) by free-lance writing.
Yes, I was an English major. :p

Art Director for a mid-size commercial printer. And PROUDLY using OSX full-time (with a little help from the Classic layer, of course)

I'm a Tech Lead (glorified engineer) for Cisco in their Internet Commerce dept.

I'm about 2/3's through my master's degree in Comp sci.

Vanguard

i work after my school is over on tuesdays and thursdays at another schools computer (mac) lab repairing them. $6.50 hr. not bad. ;) im the only one they know of in the city that can do this.

catholic priest eh? Im catholic! and proud of it. :)

Junior at Rochester Institute of Technology studying New Media: Design and Imaging (basically like what Swizcore studied). I also manage a computer lab full of dual-head G4 workstations with pro DV decks and I don't get paid nearly enough for the kinds of questions I get asked :)

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
I'm A Lazy Ass Student, Studying Computing Diploma... On This Kick Ass (LMAO)
Duron 750MHz's, on Win2K!
Its SOOO Fun!
lol!

You study Ass? ;-)

Anyway, degree in Linguistics and I do system administration (UNIX and Windows (when I'm forced to)) and general IT. In NYC, it's amazing I still have a job. And we're having our holiday party tomorrow night!

Grad school dropout, turned forensic scientist, turned IT guy in science department (UCLA Chemistry) currently doing sys administration and having a ball. Trying to gather some steam to get an OSX lab going here....

1. I have a BSc in Geology / Biology.
2. Couldn't find a job.
3. Computer operator for 2 years.
4. Been a unix sysadmin for 2 years.

now a grad student in an 'other' field. got my first mac when i made my living publishing an entertainment paper. I was saving $200-$300 a month after owning it for 1 week. in those days you couldn't figure out out to get an ibm formatted in 1 week. i still enjoy amusing myself with illustrator and appleworks paint.
you know, even just typing papers for school, a mac is easier to organize and still gives better wysiwyg than those other computers.

Back