What happens to Apple when Jobs dies?

Steve Jobs will retire long before he passes from the earth. By then, he will have appointed another young hotshot with the vision to lead Apple in the right direction.

I have not thought of that scenario. Hopefully it is someone similar to Jobs. I say, long live Apple and Jobs!!!

Originally posted by hulkaros
M$ will terminate its software business and become a mice/keyboard only company... :p
My God I hope not, have you used a Microsoft keyboard or mouse? Eeeeeeww!

The article suggest Jonathan Ive to take his place post-Steve. Like wearing a plack turtleneck polo and having a 'Jobsian aura' were enough to transform a really good industrial designer to a really good CEO? I'm sure there are scenarios (other than of the guy who wrote the article) out there, and no reason to make them public. A good industrial designer and a good CEO have really different qualities though.

LOL... MacComedy has the "Colors" spoof.

Does Johnathon Ive really have the business knowhow to run a company at all, much less Apple?

Who knows?

That's interesting that Jonathan Ive was touted as a possible successor. I've no idea about his business side but he certainly has the creativity and all important vision. If I remember rightly he did have a design company before he went to Apple but whether he'd want to run a company of Apple's size as opposed to design its products is another thing. It's arguable he'd be more useful in his current role (more akin to Woz than Jobs, after all the iCEO has always been more flipchart, or Keynote, than soldering iron so to speak).

Although it would be nice to see a Brit in charge of Apple :)

I think that the best man for Jobs job :p is really one other Distortion Reality capable person:
Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaalmer!

His name is Steve too! :p :D

lol. Apple would have plenty of Developers developers developers developers developers developers developers developers.... YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

What about my mate Steve, he has a mohican, a cool beard and likes fire. I can just see him now, running around the stage at a keynote spraying kerosene on a flaming PC. Admittedly he's more of a linux than mac person.

Ok so back to topic...what about other corporate hippies like Ben and Jerry? Nah, but seriously. That dude from Sun? Is there anyone who can recreate Steve's distortion field? I'm trying to think of companies who would have an outlook similar to Apple but it's not easy.

No, you have to admit, Apple is a truly unique company. I think it will be extremely difficult to find somebody so visionary, business-smart, and uncomrpomising as Steve Jobs.

Back