What is this person thinking?

Actually, that thing pinpoints my IP address as being in San Francisco, which I am certainly not. So you may be safe, ksv.

Didnt work with mine (dynamic ip) Cable-modem through comhem/telia (internet-provider in sweden). and so what if he learns what country/city you live in? what will he do, knock doors? :D

Originally posted by TommyWillB
Probably easier to use this as a starting point:
Kjetil from Eberg, Tyholt, Strinda, Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag, Norway

;)

Unfortunately for him, there are a few apartment buildings in my area. So he'd have to knock a few doors :p

I sent an online report to the FBI, and actually got a reply in a few hours!

(I cut the propaganda self-promotion part about terrorism, FBIs achievements etc out)

Date: Sun Jul 6, 2003 1:42:21 AM Europe/Oslo
To: kjetil@urbanturban.no
Subject: FBI Response

Dear Mr. Valen,

THIS IS NOT AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE

Thank you for your submission of information via the FBI.Gov Web site._ Inasmuch as the FBI has recently received numerous reports concerning this fraud, there is no need to forward any such additional emails to the FBI._ Our newly created Cyber Division is aware of this eBay scam and is addressing the matter._ Please advise any friends, family or co-workers of this status.

Again, thank you for taking the time to forward this report to us.

Sincerely,

David N. Rushing/mdw
Supervisory Special Agent
FBI Headquarters
Washington, D.C.

Heh. Laughing again on these ebay stuff.

I have used western union in past to transfer money. They do never ask for exact address. so all that matters is the name, and the city and state and amount of money. and a secret question in case of bigger sums provides bettter safety. but never addrss.

Well, as soon as I get my money windfall from this Nigerian prince and his politically persecuted doctor/brother I've been in touch with lately, I may put a order down on this. A G5 Powerbook and a free Kodak EasyShare.
Though one would think it would bundle with Safari and not IE.

Originally posted by ksv
That's the same one as the guy I talked to :p

I don't really recommend Americans to contact this person at all ;)

AW C,Mon!
I suggest we spam the crap 'outa him with anonymizer.

Originally posted by Giaguara
he has 700 feedbacks that look all similar and for really dork items. uh.
It will be a stolen identity. One way you can tell if the auction is a fraud is to check the feedback. Usually on auctions selling dubious stuff (G5s, uber cheap powerbooks with cinema displays thrown in), the previous transactions showing up are for the real owner of the eBay ID who's usually been buying and selling everyday stuff. They also tend to be American IDs and a lot of fake auctions (on eBay UK anyway) are supposedely located in somewhere like the UK while the dodger at the other end asks you to wire money to Spain or Germany or wherever. "Say its for a friend so there's no tax! I will send you the expensive computer once I have your money!" Hmm. :)

People, you have got to post the details of the auctions along with the links! Every eBay link I have clicked on in this thread has come up with an invalid item page. Maybe it's just that I'm too late, but still, I'd like to see what the fuss is about!

Back