What Kind of App are you working on?

cocoa-java calculator available on versionTracker, working for like 3 months, haven't done much recently, studying networking. I might code some more in a couple weeks.

I'm interested in speech technology. The technology I'm using needs Java2. And I need that Powermac to make it for Apple too.

I have a dinky little maze program that I have been working on. If you like running through mazes, i'd be glad to share! :)

Im working on a GUI and biniary bundle of vcdImager called vcdtoolsX. All new to cocoa (been a java code for 3 years). PB and some (bash)shell-scripting works great for me.
http://www.sbpr.a.se/systemjammers/vcdtoolsx/

ALso working on 100 other GUI's and porting 100 UNIX apps. As martinatkinson said: "So many ideas so little time!".

Of cause I working on several JSP-bounded websites. But thats my occupation. :rolleyes:

_

i basically worked on a small applescript studio app over the weekend. here's the result...

uptimex.jpg

Hello!

Wow, looks like a pretty neat application! Do you know where I can find AppleScript studio all by itself instead of bundled with the updated dev tools? I have an ADC account but do not want to spend the time downloading a 100Mb disk image when all I need is the one program. Do you know where I can find it or could you email it to me?

My address is pajemartin@mac.com

Thanks and have a great day!

Albert

I am currently working on a QT stream saver and a method of running classic apps without having to start the classic environment.:eek:

If you are hardcore enough to allow classic applications to run without launching the classic environment, then I think your time would be better spent writing a raid5.kext to integrate into the Drive setup's raid config. Classic is dead, let it be dead, let us not spend precious time and resources on CPR for this dead horse.

Mohammad, I'd be interested to see how you got that cool circular and transparent window. Is your source available?

-Rob

theed: I agree and disagree with you on classic being a dead horse. There will always be people who have some nifty program that hasn't been carbonized or rewritten for OSX. I do agree that as time passes, the classic environment will become less needed but I feel that it will never go away completely. My goal with the classic emu is to make the execution of classic apps more transparent to the user. Double click a classic app and it just executes, no need to wait for the classic environmet to startup.

As for the raid5 kext, It just doesn't sound like an interesting project to me..:confused:

I'm currently working on a program called Screen2Web. It takes a screenshot of your computer's screen and sends it to your FTP server at certain intervals. I will later allow sending to your iDisk and many more features. Downlaod at realgurus.com, (go to the forums, or email me)

-kainjow

Just don't tell Microsoft, they'll want to include a send-screenshot-to-Redmond-every-30-seconds feature in Win XP

Hello!

I am also working on a program simply called "Labels X" As you may guess from the name it is a program that will allow labels in Mac OS X. It will be a menu in the Finder (like modem, monitors, volume).

Of course, by the time I finish it at the rate I am going, Apple will have released OS X that has labels in it. :p

Have a great day!

Albert

LOL!
Right now I'm working on a temperature converter in obj-c!
My second app! LOL

Anyone knows how to set the Value ffo a variable???:confused: :( :confused:

Still haven't figured this out yet Alex? :)

It's:
variable_name = <variable_value or variable_name2>;

Remember you can declare variables only right after a brace, eg at the start of a for-loop while-loop function etc.

Right now I'm playing with an odometer, check out the MacNN programming forum for details on this. Also Dockprefs, a silly little dockling :)

I'm very low on ideas on what to make :-/

Originally posted by ksuther
Still haven't figured this out yet Alex? :)

It's:
variable_name = <variable_value or variable_name2>;

Remember you can declare variables only right after a brace, eg at the start of a for-loop while-loop function etc.

Right now I'm playing with an odometer, check out the MacNN programming forum for details on this. Also Dockprefs, a silly little dockling :)

I'm very low on ideas on what to make :-/

I already figured that out but thanks!:p ;)
My problem were the braces!!!:mad: :( :eek: :eek:

I am going to tinker with closed bsd . I want to put together something similar so I can have an OS on a floppy to telnet friends from wherever there is a nic card acoss to the web .

Just sit down and put in the floppy at wherever there is X86 pc and communicate in a encrypted environment and do whatever and then I can just reboot the sucker and walk off smiling .

I am a minimalist these days I suppose , I can work on it on my darwin box .

http://www.closedbsd.org

Back