What Mac do you have?

• PowerPC G3

• PowerPC G4

• PowerPC G5

• Intel Core Solo

• Intel Core Duo

• Intel Core 2 Duo

Results are only viewable after voting.
i think my favourite thing about lcd's is that they allow the desk to be reclaimed as being a desk. i can have A3 sketchbooks between me, my keyboard and my screen now. that's wonderful.

here's my mac. the space!

Now thats what I call a really big, nice & tidy desk...

i've had a native g4 for only just over a year now. at my rate of upgrade, it'll be another 5-6yrs before i can get my hands on a g5, let alone an intel mac.

It's nice to have what was the cutting edge a few years ago - especially at a fraction of the cost. For what I do, the PowerBook I have works much better than a MacBook, and I can afford it. I only needed to wait three years for them to come down to a reasonable level to me..

G350 (Blue), ProNitron- Formac 19/550 screen, Alu Combo extern.80.Epson Scan GT-7000, Epson Stylus Photo R220. This year we invest in something a little more sophisticated. This old Blue is working way overtime. I won't even mention the software. One can no longer advance in many domains. It's time.

Main Mac is

imac G4 800Mhz 1GB Ram 80GB HD OSX 10.4.8

Still a great looking machine.
But the new G5 imac is starting to grow on me.(might get imac G5 one day).

What PB do you have?

The 1 GHz aluminum. The titanium was cheaper, but I've repaired two of them already, and they have some serious design flaws that were addressed in the aluminum generation (the aluminum generation has some flaws as well, to be fair).

Looks like the G4s are the most popular, as of now. They're still excellent machines, but I wonder how well they'll run Leopard..

Back