What Song Are You Playing Now?

One unafflicted by culture asked me who Luther Vandeross was when I referenced him. So I had to enlighten him:

You are all welcome.

– J.D.

Perhaps one of the most cheesy and 80's video that does not involve Tawny Kitaen.

– J.D.

P.S. And then . . . CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

Last edited:
I would continue in that vein if I did not have "video killed the radio star" playing continuously in my head now.

Fortunately, look what comes up on my feed:

– J.D.

The first video back in day at the launch on VH1!
Indeed!

And what is fun about it, is those two main singers were the main singers. The blond girl was the one with the glasses and lighter hair. The other, who sings the "You are a radio star" was the other. The first is a famous rock photographer.

But what about the "space girl in the tube?"

Virginia Hey.

"Warrior Babe" from Mad Max but also Zan from the wonderful Farscape series. Yes, these things get me. Which brings me to:

– J.D.

Funny, I had this conversation with a younger person from another country who brought up the subject of people who only create one good work, in that case, a manga. So I raised the subject of "One Hit Wonders." Given him links by way of explanation brought up Four Non-Blonds is one example as well as The Buggles above.

Then there is The Vapors. Funny, I heard the lead singer would not talk much about it since he became a VERY prominent solicitor for the Musician's Union but, apparently, that is incorrect.

Nice to see he is happy to play again. There are more recent live versions, but the sound is not as good.

– J.D.

Back