what state is Springfield in ? - the Simpsons hometown

I remember in one epsiode that they went on a trip to another state. When they got back they said that they were banned from every state but two and homer said that one of them sucks, so the went to the other one. By process of elimination you could determine which state they live in. Sorry but I don't remember anything more about the episode.

I was wondering if it would be easy to narrow down the choices and pic states with nuclear power plants and dams but i don't think the writers knew exactly what state springfield is in when it first started. I do know for sure that starting from year 8, they picked a state and starting dropping hints.

This whole investigation is driving me nuts but I'll find it a post it with all the evidence once i find out.

I think i got it. First, it's not a mobile city. At the end of the episode when the simpsons went to brazil, lisa asked us if we found out what state they are in-- then said there are clues.

secondly, in the episdoe when homer was getting replicated in the hammack, some army general showed how fast homer would replicate, and showed a map of what looks like OHIO.

So if anyone has that episode on Tivo or eventually gets it on DVD, slow-mo that scene.

Lastly, there might be a flaw in that theory. Lisa said that branon, MI was 1000 miles away from springfield.

Anyone got some other clues?

There have been numerous clues, all meant to throw us off. For example, in one Treehouse of Terror, where Maggie is really an alien, it shows her broadcasting to her people... from somewhere on the Gulf of Mexico. Hmm...

On last night's episode, the sofa gag (the best ever in my opinion) zoomed from the Simpsons' living room and out into space. It briefly showed Springfield's location in the US - and to my eye, it seemed to align approximately with the actual location of Springfield Illinois...

Like others have stated it could be anywhere to fit the story.But as you notice in that opening couch sequence it's most likely in some subatomic structure in one of Homer's hairs. Okay Brian I'll go sniffing through your life...... hey a pic of an iMac. :cool:

Back