What was your favorite Apple II game

Karateka! the fourth boss with the bird was TOUGH!

i also had that game on my atari 7800. (man was that system gone in the blink of an eye or what?) NES killed it off quickly!

I loved :

Load Runner
Conan
8 Ball

The first one has been emulated on OS9. I was disappointed...

In elementary school, we would always play "Oregon Trail" on the Apple IIs they had...

But the game itself wasn't fun. The fun part was when you would name the characters after people you knew, and seeing things happen to them.

"Jessica has developed a fever"
"Adam has died of malaria"
"Jimmy drowned in the river"
"Jenny was run over by a runaway garbage truck"

Well, okay, maybe not that last one, but you get the idea.

I'm sure Load Runner can still be a very good game on OS-X. But only the original version. The 3-D version was a good idea, but complexity killed the fun of the very simple original game.

Like Tetris or Dark Castle years later.... only the original is fun.

Wizardry 1 Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord!!!!!!!

I just set my old Apple IIe back up last month just to play that game...

Holy cow, I can't believe no one mentioned that game!
Also Lode Runner and Gato. :D

Does anyone remember the Hammurabi (text-based) game? You had to allocate food for your population, buy, sell, store goods... etc... anyone? We played it for "bonus" cards (extra points on tests) back in 5th grade...

Loderunner!! Defender was pretty cool also, (save the humans from the aliens with claws.) Choplifter rocked too, though I never made it past those durn aliens.

-Dogcow "moof!"

I was always partial to Miner 2049er myself. I remember seeing it running on a Apple II at the local Apple store back in the early 80's. A good day that was!:D

autoduel

oh yeah and there was a game, I can't remember the name of it but you are a spider and theres flies that buzz about and you have to spin webs around them and eat them

Origin had some great ones

-Ultima V
-Moebius (A cool Ninja chop-em-up ultima)
-Autodule (Swheet all round)

Beagle Bros.
- Peek& Poke chart (The computer is the game)

Eric

i also remember playing lots of spy hunter
in addition to this one fighter game where u defend
colonies on a planet from tanks on the ground or
enemy fighters above a cloud layer.

what was the name of that game?

Back