What would you do?

They've been like that for many years before the recall Arden. Hopefully things might change, we'll just have to wait and see.

The parole board, however, has continually refused him early release - saying he has shown no remorse and would continue to pose a danger to any other burglars.

I can see the "no remorse" part, but the danger to other burglars part is just downright a joke.

I'm afraid I think the whole thing's a joke...

If I lived in the middle of nowhere, by myself, and had been the victim of countless burglaries, I would feel no remorse at doing what Tony Martin did...

Remember, guys - HE's the victim!

effing stupid, IMHO...

:confused:

Barras was shot in the back and died at the scene, while Fearon was shot in the leg and recovered after treatment in hospital.
Shooting anyone in the back is an act of a coward :mad:
Martin argued that he had genuinely been acting in self-defence.
Sure... :rolleyes:
His barrister told the court Martin had suffered sexual abuse as a child and "considered himself a boy of about ten".
So it is ok to give a "child" a gun and let it do what his impulses tell him to do?
The horrid thing in this case is the apparent incapability of the local police force to protect both Martin and the villains/burglars from each other. Probably this is caused by shortage of financial means. Did the Labour Party cut the budget for police enforcement?

Greetings
nervus

nervus, I'll agree the guy went a bit too far given the circumstances that are know by us right now.

However, the thing about the police budget is useless. Police are responsible for the safety of the community they serve as a whole, not on an individual basis. So personal preotection is still your own responsibility.

He may be the victim, but he may have reacted a bit too much. Regardless, they did enter his house and deserve what they got. We don't know how everything happened, since none of us were there, so it fruitless to judge the incident. I'm sure he was justified shooting the guy in the leg, but the other in the back is a touchy subject. We don't know if the one hit in the back had a weapon himselft or not. If he did, just because he was turned around doesn't mean he was harmless, he may have been going to find cover.

Back