What would you like Apple to make for your computing goodness?

I think that Steve would view that as ruining the surprise. It's like we all get to see the new product ahead of time, before it drops to a price range that we can afford.;)

they do offer huge amounts of ram at the apple store though... I actully like the idea of a quad option, it cant hurt them any to offer it, plus the bragging would be wonderful to those who had them... also on another point, i'm sort of confused when they sat "dual 1.0GHz processors" do they mean 2 processors running at 500MHz's each or actully 2 processors both running at 1GHz? If it's the ladder, why arn't there any 1 processor 1GHz's?

I would like to see an Apple PDA, but I kind of doubt Apple is going to do this anytime soon.

I think Mac OS X is fast enough on a G4 right now. The speed can always be improved of course, but I think Apple should focus more on adding new features to OS X right now, especially bringing back things that we've lost in the transition from 9 to X (like spring loaded folders and themes).

I really want to see G5s coming out soon. I was really hoping for them to come out at MWNY because I'm getting a new computer in July whether the G5s are out or not, but now it seems virtually impossible for G5s to be out by then. :(

I would also absolutely LOVE to see an Apple browser. I just can't stand using IE. I am currently using OmniWeb, but it's lack of JavaScript and how incorrectly it renders pages can drive me insane sometimes! I do think there is amazing potential for Chimera, but it is not really usable right now. I really wish Apple would make their own browser and ship that instead of IE.

Adam

OK:
i have one..no two problems:
First, a technical one:
$5,899.00
Quad 1.4-GHz PowerPC G4
256K L2 cache
& 2MB L3 cache/processor
1.5GB SDRAM memory
2x160GB Ultra ATA drive
SuperDrive
AirPort Card
NVIDIA GeForce4 Titanium
56K internal modem

Right. let's see.

Quad 1.4-GHz PowerPC G4
Well.. i guess that seems like a good idea, except you would frickin double the volume of those goddamn fans trying to keep FOUR processors cool. i have a 400 mhz g4. just one. it has a heat sink bigger than any i have seen on ANY pc (except those crazy japs and their liquid nitrogen cool P4's @ 3.8 ghz.) AND it has two fans: one in the back of the case, one on the side, and they're both fucking noisy. Now remember that you are going to have four processors, (i wont incorporate the new-tech/less-heat thing, cus you have more stuff in the case than i do now anyways) and they will EACH be running at MORE than 3 times the speed of mine. do you HONESTLY think they will fit the frickin heatsink in there with the current design (how big will the freakin daughter-card be!?)

256K L2 cache
Is that it?
Need i say more.

& 2MB L3 cache/processor
Again, is that it?

1.5GB SDRAM memory
Screw SDRAM.

Goto DDR RAM, or something faster again. and for god sake, get over this frickin 1.5 gig thing. try at least 3 gig for high use servers or video/image work, as the four-chip system would be used for.

2x160GB Ultra ATA drive
Sorry to spoil your day deary, but there is a 137 Gb limit on any IDE drive with the current version(s) of ATA. try SCSI (or Serial ATA when it comes out) for decent performance. Or, maybe apple could give us the option to add FOUR internal IDE drives. (five if you use the zip bay)

SuperDrive
Hmm. I think this needs to be an option.. For instance, if this were for a server, i would not need the option to burn a FRICKIN DVD on it. although the thought is nice, DVD is not a realistic back-up media.
Two 5 1/4 drive bays (with a bracket for 3 1/2 devices) is a much more... universal idea.

NVIDIA GeForce4 Titanium
Again, should be an option. the current g4 server's have no options. servers do not NEED high end graphics cards. this is a known FACT.

Ok. now we have that out of the way. next problem.

QUIT YOUR FUCKING CONSTANT SHIT ABOUT GOD DAMNED NEWTONS. If they were so good, and sold so many, why the fuck did apple STOP MAKING THEM?

Ok. Im spent.

Goodbye.

You kiss your mom with that mouth? Everyone will not stop talking about the Newton because it was such a superior product than the crap nowadays.

The reason Newtons went away is because the guy (can't remember his name) that got Steve fired at first was the one that made the Newton. Do YOU think Steve would want any remenants of that guy around when he returned?

Steve might not like them but he knows how the market works

Since Corel (anti mac) has NO intention of updating wordperfect, I would love to see apple buy the product rights from them, update it for both OS 9 and X, and re-release it!

Wordperfect is a great program and should be updated.. .corel wont do it.

Originally posted by PowermacG4_450
Since Corel (anti mac) has NO intention of updating wordperfect, I would love to see apple buy the product rights from them, update it for both OS 9 and X, and re-release it!

Wordperfect is a great program and should be updated.. .corel wont do it.

forgot to mention.... make sure its compatible with appleworks and word.

apple needs to get it's processors into the HIGH gigahertz range.....

IBM I beleive recently created a 10 or 20 ghz chip.... the fastest ever....

why not beat PCs for a change, and throw this bad boy into a mac! ???? ?

that would be cool. could you imagine the look on pc users faces? :)

Back