What's your Instant Messenging application ?

What's your IM application ? (Several answers possible)

• MSN

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • AIM

Votes: 41 36.3%
    Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Yahoo!

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Jabber, Gudu-gudu, any other (tell what)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I use Fire or Proteus, I've got them all, and I checked only this box

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • None

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have AIM running always but nobody ever wants to talk to me *Sniff* I have used other chat methods and particuarly hate ICQ, its just too damn complicated. So...I use AIM. If anyone wants to talk to a lonely depressed soul IM me. Just kidding about the lonely and depressed part, but if you want to chat "u no wht 2 do" LOL:D

i use AIM. that's what all my friends use, and file-transfer is a must for me, i like to trade songs with my pals.

Proteus 2.0 (the final candidate) has problems with Mac OS X 10.2 (which the dev will surely fix by the time Proteus 2 is released). So right now I can't use that to combine my IM-needs. (The problem is in the message-center, which allows you to chat in one window instead of the clutter, sometimes you simply cannot access the users in the window.)

So... I'm using iChat (which I really, really love) and the newest ICQ (3.1a43 from versiontracker.com) right now, which has a lot of improvements, too. (And I'm urging people to actually use AIM or iChat, although I don't really want them to switch to AOL. I wish Apple would allow ICQ on iChat...)

I used to be a big ICQ whore. Other IM clients such as AIM or MSN just felt wrong. I lost interest in ICQ when it started getting bloated, (the PPC version doesn't suffer from this but the PC version turned into a 7MB download at one point with a ton of useless crap). After that I mainly ran Licq in Linux. Great ICQ client.

The PPC version of ICQ is great. Simplistic and fun, just like ICQ was intended to be. The PC version has started to tone down a bit, going back to it's roots, but I hate how it installs an AOL link and other crap on the desktop without warning.

Most people I know now use MSN which is ok. It seemed retarded at first that you couldn't send messages to a person if they were offline. Anyway, I'd probably use ICQ more if most of the people I know still did. AIM and MSN have seemed to have stolen it's thunder.

I only use AIM, but I just wanted to note that I recently downloaded Yahoo! Messenger because it now supports webcams! I don't know anyone else who uses, but this is very sweet and I'll probably start using this with my family back home instead of AIM.

If I had $100 to throw around I'd use .Mac for my IM application (iChat).
But I guess you guys already knew that you could use your .Mac account for iChat instead of an AIM account. :)

there is no difference between using .mac and AIM for iChat, it still uses AIM. so just sgn up for free AIM.

The difference is .Mac is not AIM.
Just saying that if you're an AOL/AIM hater than you can still be in love with yourself by using .Mac. :)

Back