When I pick a certain song, it shuffles through songs and chooses one...

jasfa131

The Lone Deranger
When I choose a certain song on my iPod 2GB silver, it goes to the 'now playing' screen and shows the screen for the song I selected then [very quickly] it goes through about 4 other songs that come after the one I've chosen, and chooses one near the bottom of that playlist. If you've understood this :lol:, can you tell me what's going on here?
Thanks in advance :D

When you say 'a certain song', do you mean that only one song triggers this? And, the same song causes it every time.\?

Or, any other song that you select triggers the problem?

Well, there are about 4 songs (which coincidently are from the same album), and ONLY they make this happen.

WELL, ok then! Delete those songs. Re-import them if you feel adventurous.

Maybe you could let us know specifically what songs/album?

Yes, I just chose a few tracks from Slayer's "Hell Awaits" album. They're in .mp3 format @ 192kbps ;)
(I'll try to reimport)

hahahahahaha
happy023.gif

It's STILL happening. :( I tried re-importing the whole album, and it shuffles through every song without ever stopping. I've tried only importing ONE song from the album, and it says that it's playing but the seek bar stays at 0:00, and there's no audio. I've tried resetting my iPod and it still happens.

Is there any "extra track" on the CD, like those woeful enhanced CDs that typically have applications or screensavers on the extra track? Try importing different tracks from the CD, one at a time, and test each one.....

If that album is the only one causing problems for you....
Have you tried a different copy of that same album?
Also, the 'extra track' question is a possibility - what do you think?

It's not an enhanced disc, yep it's only THAT album, I haven't tried a different copy of it. (i will)

Back