Where abouts are you from?

Where are you from?

• North America: USA, Canada, Greenland etc...

• Latin America: Mexico, Brazil, Argentina etc...

• Western Europe: Germany, France, UK, Ireland etc...

• Eastern Europe: Greece, Turkey, Israel, Russia etc...

• Africa: Egypt, Morroco, South Africa, Kenya etc..

• Western Asia: India, Pakistan, CIS

• East Asia: Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan etc...

• Australasia: New Zealand, Fiji, Papa New Guinea etc...

• Antarctica: Any research scientists stuck out there?

• Other: Polynesia, Easter Island, Mars etc...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kjetil, I double-post because Im lazy, not because i want many posts; why is it so important to get many posts anyway?:p
Cool new avatar ;) finally you have an graphical personality on this "fora"

Location: Oppsal, Østensjø Bydel 13, Oslo-East, Oslo, Oslo (the fylke), south Norway, Norway, Scandinavia, North-Europe, Europe, Earth, Solar system, milk-way, universe

HA!

And greenland IS a part of europe (politically) im sure of that.

Heh, I was just kidding, Jule ;)
Yeah, politically, Greenland is a part of Europe because it's governed by Denmark.

Cool that you like my avatar, yours is cool to :D Something makes me think you're a Linux fan? :rolleyes:

actually thats an old quicktime penguin, as soon i get image ready for X i'll make him blink with his eyes:D

where did you get your from? it looks like Ulriks

Born in London, within the sound of the Bo bells making me a true cockney apparently. Still living in various parts of England.

Italian :) born in Geneva Switzerland slightly over 4 decades ago, living between Geneva and Lausanne in a town on the shore a Lake Leman AKA Lake Geneva. ::ha::

Born in Manhattan, raised in Brooklyn. My dad is from Kent, England (actually a small town called Ash, near Canterbury); so that about negates my Brooklyn accent (I don't say dawg or wahta). :D I love going to the UK when I have the chance. My mom's family is Hungarian; I have yet to go there. Any hungarians here?

spb said:
I wonder if the Monroe Doctrine applied to Greenland?

http://usinfo.state.gov/usa/infousa/facts/democrac/50.htm

I suppose that the doctrine was adopted because of other Eurpoean powers, not Denmark.

Yes, the settlements on Greenland were established long before the other European colonies and were not subject to the Monroe doctrine; Denmark had no ongoing colonization at that time. Greenland had already been part of Norway and later the Norwegian-Danish union for about 1000 years before the Monroe doctrine.

To correct my earlier statement though, Greenland is not governed by Denmark, it's a self-governed Danish territory.
And, Greenland was probably much greener back in the 10th century when it got its name. Like my own town. I can't believe anyone would settle a place with this climate, eck.

Miami, Florida.

Weathered Wilma alright with minimal damage, but was without power for that week (I thank God that was all for us). And with kids aged 4 and 1, it was time to head North to pay Mickey Mouse a visit. :D

The only town I know of in Greenland is Nuuk. Never been there, but that is the one town name I do remember!

ksv said:
And, Greenland was probably much greener back in the 10th century when it got its name. Like my own town. I can't believe anyone would settle a place with this climate, eck.

Wo offense but where did you get your history from? Do Vikings and false enticement ring a bell?

Satcomer said:
Wo offense but where did you get your history from? Do Vikings and false enticement ring a bell?

I left that part out because it's merely a theory; though it's a known fact that the North European countries including Iceland and Greenland were warmer in the viking age.

Please ask yourself whether it's plausible to draw that "no offense" line to that level of contradiction.

You do not need to tell me where you found your aggression. But the next time you reply to a thread, I want to be able to thank you for adding your information in an enlightening and polite way.

Born in Manhattan, raised in Brooklyn. My dad is from Kent, England (actually a small town called Ash, near Canterbury); so that about negates my Brooklyn accent (I don't say dawg or wahta). I love going to the UK when I have the chance. My mom's family is Hungarian; I have yet to go there. Any hungarians here?

I actually grew up about 10minutes away from Ash in Gravesend, and spend a lot of time around that area still, Darenth, Longfield, pretty much everywhere on the eastern/ northern side of Kent and south of London. Weird. Great places though :D

Satcomer said:

Remember someone could always ask you the same question.

Politically Greenland is part of Europe...physically (i.e. geographically) Greenland is part of North America (the North American continent). If you want to read more about it, then checking out the Wikipedia article on Greenland would be a good starting point.

Originally from Northern Kentucky (Cincinnati, OH / tri-state area). Now I'm in Baton Rouge, LA and missing my Cincinnati-style chili something fierce. :( On the bright-side the cajun food (another favorite) is SO much better as is the weather. :D

AdmiralAK said:
I might be wrong on israel -- turkey is definatelly not europe :p

Actually, part of Turkey IS European (it's considered a borderline country, part European, part Asian). They're just about to join the EU, as a matter of fact ;)

Back