Where is the iPod Camera Connector????

CreativeEye

Registered
Theres only ten days of March left and theres still no connector or ipod updaters!!!

Ok - so I'm being impatient - and I've started to become obsessive about checking the Apple site everyday in the hope they've released it - and theres a wave of disappointment that washes over me when its the same Apple homepage as the previous day...

BUT I WANT MY NEW TOY!

*rant over*

maybe they are busy making a heck of a lot of these connectors so they can get them out to customers straight away? rather than having really long delivery times...

surely it would have been better for Apple to have set up pre-ordering?...

what the!?!...

UK Store isn't showing it yet...

you'd have thought they'd have made more of a hoo-haa about this, especially if they are taking orders on it... the ipod photo page (US site) doesnt even carry a direct link to device page on the store... or any description of it...

wow - the day i decide to have a rant about the fact it's taking so long...

...apple go ahead and release it (sort of - i still dont understand why they're not shouting from the rooftops about this - and its still not in the UK store) and its news!

..i think i'll pretend it was all down to them reading my post and wanting to keep me happy...

Considering that it requires iPod photo software 1.1 and the most current release is 1.0, it's probably won't work until that's released anyway! ;)

Anyone have an idea as to whether this connector:

• Will allow you to upload pictures to normal iPods?
  • Will allow you to upload pictures to the iPod from your mobile phone?
  • Has any chance of being more than a photo transfer connector long term? (e.g. To allow you to connect keyboards, etc. to the iPod) - it looks like it's providing the iPod with a standard USB connector.
Kap

it says on the site "Compatible with iPod photo (30/40/60GB)", so obviously not yet,:( but they have to dont they??? come on apple **please** :)
Also, my 40gig non colour has a photos menu..... they wouldnt have stuck that in there just for the craic ... would they?

OK, I think that atm the connector is strictly enabled in the forthcoming updated iPod Photo software. So, if only by a firmware restriction, it won't work on the other iPods.

And sUICIDE_mONKEY, that's for connection by the Belkin Photo thingy that can copy photos to any iPod but aren't viewable until it's synced onto a computer (even on the Photo)

it's still not showing in the UK store for pre-ordering.

and still no ipod updater.

i think it will allow you to upload pics (all formats) to all ipods - but only the ipod photo will be able to display them instantly.

We can store photos on the hard drive with other media readers. This transfers them to the iPod Photo so you can look at them now. Until the normal iPod has color capabilities; it does not matter if you can transfer it only to the iPod Photo.
Not unless you can take the memory card out of your mobile phone.
Camera connector does not imply USB hub.

I would like a mini keyboard connector to type in my schedule in the Calendar or take notes. Tell Belkin and Apple your idea for a iPod USB hub.

I got mine yesterday; it works beautifully with my new 30GB iPod Photo and my Canon S500. I was amazed to see that it even transferred the movie clips from the Canon, though of course, the iPod couldn't play them back ;-).

Very nice little piece of hardware - the moment you connect it, the iPod starts looking for photos to download.

There seems to be a lot of mixed thoughts on what iPods have this feature. Well, not to long ago I updated my iPod and even thought its not a iPod Photo, it has the import feature in it's menu now.

DSC06809copy.jpg

Back